Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap Paint job on Front Wing (White)

Options
  • 31-03-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Looking for a cheap paint job in dublin on a white front wing, I can buy it new for 60, then hopefully get it painted and I'll throw it on myself?
    Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    Looking for a cheap paint job in dublin on a white front wing, I can buy it new for 60, then hopefully get it painted and I'll throw it on myself?
    Thanks Gary
    Call J&S motorfactors in Dunlaoghaire they can match and mix up paint and have it in an aerosol can over night for e12 .........I.e spray it yourself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Nice one for that, not sure about spraying it myself though. It's the whole wing so I'd prob need someone to do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Nice one for that, not sure about spraying it myself though. It's the whole wing so I'd prob need someone to do it?
    Most places would want to have the car, ie for colour matching even if you have the code, often the colour on the rest of the body could have faded or have been resprayed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Don't confuse 'cheap' with 'good value'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Just had the car with these guys : www.carcraft.ie in fairview. They replaced two doors, sprayed both sides of the car, all for a reasonable price. Might worth giving them a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya I got a quote from them all right, reasonable enough 150 for the wing but that's basically the same price as if they did all the work?

I can put the panel in myself and get it for 60 notes so . . . .

I know what you mean by good value, I don't want drip marks etc but down in cork I used to get nixers for cheap enough!

Advertisement