Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best online soccer game...

• 31-03-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

I currently have Pro Evo 6 but I am seriously finding it extremely frustrating. Is 2008 any better? I have Fifa 08 on the PC but I am seriously considering getting a copy for the 360.
    What's the best online soccer game?

Best online footie game? 11 votes

Pro Evo 6
    0%
    Pro Evo 2008
    45%
    Mr MoonBatesyFingleberrieszuchumRushden 5 votes
    Fifa '07
    36%
    thegamebretttp1ciano1Sod'o swords 4 votes
    Fifa '08
    18%
    [Deleted User]antor 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

You dont really want PES08 on the 360 for online play.

Check the PES Forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Pro Evo 2008
    I second that - Biggest mistake I made was trading in PES 6 for PES 2008 (in terms of online play). It's practically unplayable unless the Sun, Moon and Stars happen to align in the correct order - whereupon you may be blessed with a half or two of playable action.

Offline, it alright (bar a few glitches in the Replays)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Really? I find PES6 to be extremely frustrating. Bad computer AI positioning for your own team and fruitless player switching. Thought maybe PES2008 may have been an improvement? Fifa '08 online? I hear it's ranking sytem is dodgy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Pro Evo 2008
    fifas ranking system may be dodge..bu tits impossible to even play a game on pes 2008,so weigh the options up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I did the same traded in PES 6 for 2008. Went back down to Currys and bought a fresh PES 6 for online play (€4.97 new lol). I was wondering why so many people were still playing 6 online untill I tried 2008.

Have 2008 on the PC as well and the online play is better (no paying M$ for a live subscription either). It aslo fully supports the wireless 360 controller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

In many ways you are already playing the best on line football game.PES 2008 online is a disaster mine was traded in long ago.

Pro Evo 2008
    spaking of all this...there has to be a patch coming for PES 08...right?right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Pro Evo 2008
    No. They have given up on pes2008 and are putting all their efforts into making 2009.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

FIFA 08 ftw.. Anyone know does UEFA Euro 2008 have online play?

Pro Evo 2008
    glad i got it on wii so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Pro Evo 2008
    Have to say it looks very interesting on the wii!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Ok cheers guys, think Fifa 08 is the way to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Fifa, don't think I'd ever see the day when I'd recommend Fifa over PES (both offline & online)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

its a tie between pro evo 6 and fifa 08

fifa 08 for be a pro mode but pro evo 6 for sheer fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yeah, obviously pes 6 is the best but in terms of online play fifa 08 is extremely smooth and reliable. I find the actual emphasis of the game is quite childish - flicks and tricks, as opposed to good passing etc. but the be a pro mode is great.

Advertisement