Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What the hell just happened?

• 31-03-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

So, there I was typing away normally in Windows when I must have hit something and it's stopped behaving the way it normally does.

If I'm in the middle of a paragraph and I want to replace a phrase that I've written, I can just select it with the mouse and the start typing and the text that was selected will just disappear and the new bit that I typed appears instead.

But, no longer! Now, the new bit that I type goes in just before the selected text, which is still there.

It's not the 'Insert' key which has caught me out before... anyone know of any other quirky things like that in Windows that I might have triggered accidentally?

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

I suspect Gremlins :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

worth pressing the control , alt and shift keys in case stuck
    restart is always good for weird stuff.

what where you typing in ? microsoft word or similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭suas

microsoft word but it also happens in outlook!!

very frustrating, as I'm so used to just highlighting text and typing over it or hitting the backspace key and neither of these work now!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

suas wrote: »
    microsoft word but it also happens in outlook!!
    don't forget that outlook may be using word as the email editor so it could just be word still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Press the "Insert" key. You must have hit off it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement