Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vampires + beginners dart

• 31-03-2008 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi lads,

I'm fairly new to darts and therefore looking to spend not too much on a new set. Does anyone have experience with the Vampires?

http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?cPath=12_18

The reviews on the site seem good and the price is decent and quite nice looking dart. I was especially thinking of those 26gram ones. Any advice is appreciated even concerning other sets/brands.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have a set of the 23g ones. I think they are decent, decent grip on them and they are very good for the price. As an introductory set you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Yeah they look nice.......sure if ya dont like them stick them up on our very own swap shop:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rapp

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I have a set of the 23g ones. I think they are decent, decent grip on them and they are very good for the price. As an introductory set you can't go wrong.

Cheers kingpin that adds to the positive responses. I'm living over in Holland right now so I'll go the local darts only store tomorrow plenty of those shops over here. Big into their darts in Holland.

I'm not sure what weight/flight would suit my throwing style/grip. Do those work well with any particular shape flights in your opinion? I user thumb under to add spin and two fingers on top of the dart and throw fairly straight with the dart landing near level.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

rapp wrote: »
    I'm not sure what weight/flight would suit my throwing style/grip. Do those work well with any particular shape flights in your opinion? I user thumb under to add spin and two fingers on top of the dart and throw fairly straight with the dart landing near level.

Well to be honest it is purely on what suits you. As I said I throw the 23g darts and thats about average but the only way you can decide on what ones suit you the best is to try out a few different sets. I always use the normal shaped flights because they suit me best and I use medium length stems. The best thing to do would to buy a number of different length stems and different shaped flights and try them out. Stems and flights are pretty cheap. If the shop is any good they should let you try out a few different weights as well so you can decide which one suits you.

No one can really tell you which ones would suit you best, its always depends on the person.

Well to be honest it is purely on what suits you. As I said I throw the 23g darts and thats about average but the only way you can decide on what ones suit you the best is to try out a few different sets. I always use the normal shaped flights because they suit me best and I use medium length stems. The best thing to do would to buy a number of different length stems and different shaped flights and try them out. Stems and flights are pretty cheap. If the shop is any good they should let you try out a few different weights as well so you can decide which one suits you.

No one can really tell you which ones would suit you best, its always depends on the person.

Aye that seems to sum up the all round advice i've been getting though browsing the net. But there must be some type of weight/dart where u cant go 'wrong' as in taking a conservative approach.

• Advertisement

Aye that seems to sum up the all round advice i've been getting though browsing the net. But there must be some type of weight/dart where u cant go 'wrong' as in taking a conservative approach.

Well I suppose you should go for the average weight then which is either 23g or 24g. Most people I know would throw one of these weights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A heavier dart is more forgiving if your throw isnt spot on in my experience.

Well I actually managed to pick up a set of these on ebay for 5 euros, ill more than like go for the 26 gram range as the grip looks more suitable to my grip.

I'll let yee know how i get on and btw what do you make of these tomahawk, delta, arrowhead, combat etc flights? gimmick or genuine? No doubt some of them look nice but are they practicable?

I'll let yee know how i get on and btw what do you make of these tomahawk, delta, arrowhead, combat etc flights? gimmick or genuine? No doubt some of them look nice but are they practicable?

I have used the Winmau Kite shaped flights before and I liked them alot. They are slightly smaller than the standard flight and suited my grip. As for others I don't really know but I have never seen a pro player using the likes of a tomahawk flight so maybe that says it all.

I have used the Winmau Kite shaped flights before and I liked them alot. They are slightly smaller than the standard flight and suited my grip. As for others I don't really know but I have never seen a pro player using the likes of a tomahawk flight so maybe that says it all.

Aye, same goes for me. I don't think I've seen any pro use a tomahawk, v-wing, arrowhead delta etc. I'm sure there are a a few as my darts knowledge certainly isn't good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement