Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son won't sleep in cot

Options
  • 31-03-2008 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how i can get my 16 month old son to sleep in his cot. Up until a week ago he would go down into his cot at night no problem but now he won't. He clings onto me for dear life and screams if I leave him there. We tried leaving him crying but he gets himself so worked up he gets sick. He will only sleep in the bed with us but he twists and turns an awful lot in his sleep so we don't get any sleep. He seems to want to go straight down into our spare bed so i'm wondering now is it time to get him a bed but I would be afraid of him falling out of it as I said he twists and turns an awful lot in his sleep.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Elow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest trying him in the single bed, with pillows along the exposed side and more on the floor for if he should wriggle and roll off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Yep, maybe it is time for a bed. You can buy things that fit to the side of the bed that will stop him rolling out.
    You say 'he only sleeps in the bed with us', so he might just have gotten too used to the idea. Perhaps the excitement of a new bed might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

If he goes down in the spare bed, that sounds fine. It's not, like, four feet above the ground or anything, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ELOW

Hi, Put son down into single bed last night with a protected bar accross the exposed side. He slept all night. The bed is about 2.5 foot off the ground so I put pillows all around where the bar didn't cover. Just worried if he wakes up and stands up (which is what he did in the cot) he'll fall and hurt himself.

Hopefully he is just going through a stage because he has also started to cry his eyes out in the morning when i leave him into the creche. He was never like that. He usually couldn't wait to get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

That's great that he slept all night.
    Babies often go through some form of seperation anxiety, so with the bed and the creche that's possibly what's up with him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement