Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting chainreactions

Options
  • 31-03-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,
    How easy is it to make contact with chainreactions? I am about to buy a bike off them but have been trying to ring there phone all day (previous emails have gone unanswered) but it is constantly engaged. Dont want to order a bike and then not be able to chase up on it if things go wrong!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

i have received emails from them in the past ok. never tried ringing them. I sent them an email this morning, will see how a response goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

as it happens i sent them an email this morning too. customerservice@ was the address i used. they didn't answer my last one so we'll see how it goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Never got them on the phone and response to e-mail took 2 weeks.

I'm very tempted to avoid buying off them in future - it shouldn't be that hard to get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Croicyclist

E-mail sent Sat

Replied today

No issues , Best site around in my humble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

They aren't great at responding alright. Stuff not in stock also takes ages.

But, if the stuff is in stock, it's usually quite good. I try to order the out of stock stuff seperately if buying a bunch of items. At least I get the rest on time then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I rang them and got through ok ,took about 3 tries.

They have the system in front of them when you ring ,give them your order number and they can check everything there and then.

PS. I am never sure what way to enter the phone number ,00 and take away numbers ,or leave in the first two:confused::(

They're a great place to deal with.:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Same problem with Cyclesuperstore at the moment. Order went in 10 days ago, online, tubes and other small stuff. No sign of it. Race season underway.
    Phoned them, online query section. No reply, left a message, no reply.

Have ordered from them before and was OK. You'd think they'd have stock in for the start of the season!
    I'll think twice before using them again.
    Oh, my money was processed OK online!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Planet X wrote: »
    Same problem with Cyclesuperstore at the moment. Order went in 10 days ago, online, tubes and other small stuff. No sign of it. Race season underway.
    Phoned them, online query section. No reply, left a message, no reply.

Have ordered from them before and was OK. You'd think they'd have stock in for the start of the season!
    I'll think twice before using them again.
    Oh, my money was processed OK online!
    :mad:

i was the same with superstore last season, didn't get my order until a week later, i wuld call them if i was you, one of your items culd b out of stock, have used them before and just recently and delivery was nxt day.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i always phone them, it does take a few tries to get through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

Gave up trying to ring them (although they are quite helpful when you get through)

Sent email Fri re query on new bike - no reply yet. I always feel that if you can't get a fast response when you're buying, there's not much hope when you have a problem - although, by all accounts they are quite good

In my case I'll allow a few days as the info may not be readily available and I suppose things are getting busy as the cycling bug bites, with the longer evenings and, hopefully, better weather

After that I'll be looking elsewhere else also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i don't even want to think about how much money i've spent on the chainreactions site. plenty. so i'm just putting this down to the fact that this is peak traffic time and that they're snowed under. they're cheap and usually very reliable, at least when what you've ordered is in stock. i'd say they're having a hard time getting big suppliers to restock them because of the time of year too.

so, complain as i might, i won't be saying 'never again' quite yet. they still pwn cycleways.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

I placed three orders with them in March and only received the first one on Saturday. Despite numerous e-mails I had got no response until last Friday and then they said that two of the orders had been shipped and the thrid order was for an out of stock item.
    Funny thing then when I checked my e-mails on Monday morning there was another e-mail from a different person apologising for the delays and that they would contact me as soon as my last order was ready. I got the impression that they are very busy up there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

I took the plunge and ordered my bike off them. ALso ordered the pedals which are out of stock. At first I was thinking that there was no point in plitting the order as there is no point in the bike arriving and still having no pedals. However reading some of your posts perhaps I should just cancel the pedal side of the order and get them here locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

4 orders from them in March, all arrived within 2-3 days. I have now spent over 5k with them. No other shop comes close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

albob wrote: »
    I took the plunge and ordered my bike off them. ALso ordered the pedals which are out of stock. At first I was thinking that there was no point in plitting the order as there is no point in the bike arriving and still having no pedals. However reading some of your posts perhaps I should just cancel the pedal side of the order and get them here locally.

Yeah I'd get the pedals locally. That way you can at least ride the bike when it's delivered. You might pay a little more in your LBS but it's better than having a nice new bike scratching at the door wanting out IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

When I buy from Chainreaction I usually just call to the shop which is open Mon-Fri. The place is fantasticamd the staff very helpful, though the showroom is heavily biased towards mountain bikes. Only had one disappointment with Chain Reaction - went to get some 105 STI 10sp shifters but they came in plastic bags without cables or instructions. I ended up getting them from Dave Hinde, brand new & boxed complete with cables and for less money. Despite the extremely bad reviews they get, Hinde were sound in my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

DurtyMurty wrote: »
    Sent email Fri re query on new bike - no reply yet. I always feel that if you can't get a fast response when you're buying, there's not much hope when you have a problem - although, by all accounts they are quite good

Yep, I get the same impression. OK for dealing with before purchase, but if you have any problems then you're pretty screwed.

There's plenty of other decent online shops around (some of which are cheaper than CRC).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

never had a problem with them had to return a couple of things no probs even got through first time on the phone when ringing them so cant complain really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

ok so a question i had about a previous product has yet to be answered, but i ordered something today and noticed the shipping address was wrong, and emailed them to change the shipping address and got an email very soon after.
    I've never had a problem with them, but I find Wiggle to be cheaper - the caveat is that you need to to spend more than 50 sterling to get free shipping to ireland, so for little things CRC is a bit cheaper, but for bigger stuff i think Wiggle is.

Advertisement