Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating drivers for graphics card from drivers & utilities cd/dvd

Options
  • 31-03-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I have a Radeon x600 256 mb card that does it's job but lately when my daughter is playing all her Sims2 games the pc crashes after about 30 minutes of gameplay. I was told to update the graphics card through the drivers and utilities cd that came wth the pc. I was just wondering if this is possible and how to go about it so that I won't mess anything up or should I look into buying a new graphics card.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

download them.

personally, if all your daughter is playing is sim's2 and thats the most resource demanding game thats played by anyone on the computer, then i wouldnt bother upgrading unless you either really want to for the sake of it, or other applications/games are used/wanted to be used that would require it.

Advertisement