Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl Broadband Problem

Options
  • 31-03-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

We have the Nlt modem connected to a wireless router

only one laptop can get the internet

the rest can only connect to it by local access

either wirless or ethernet connection

i reset modem did not fix the problem

any ideas why this is happening

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

OK. If you have internet through the laptop your broadband is fine. The problem must lie in the setup of the router and/or PCs. Set the router as DNS and the IPs on the PCs as dynamic and try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Set the router as DNS ??

sorry

will check tonight i presume the router is set to dns

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Kazu wrote: »
    We have the Nlt modem connected to a wireless router

only one laptop can get the internet

the rest can only connect to it by local access

either wirless or ethernet connection

i reset modem did not fix the problem

any ideas why this is happening

thanks

Funny, you say this as the GF's brother has ntl/upc BB and I have it setup to a wireless router, and until the other day they've been grand, but over the past few days the three laptops they use there are all showing a working signal from the router, on the taskbar, but are showing disconnected in the network settings. When I reset the router, and checked all the settings the 3 l/ts are still being disconnected, from connection. Also all l/t's are using XP.

sounds like the same problem you have a lan connection to router

but no internet is coming through

could be a NTL problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Kazu wrote: »
    sounds like the same problem you have a lan connection to router

but no internet is coming through

could be a NTL problem

I rang the GF's brother earlier, and he says that they could access the internet for a while today, but still going crap, hes on 1 or 2 meg BB and a guy across the road has four pc's going mostly all day downloading movies, I've already informed Upc regarding this, as we understood that he was killing the local connection on Upc BB. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll do a speed test to check his stats, as I presume his pings will be okay, but his general download speeds will be crap, due to this.

I would like to see if this possible, that one customer can actually kill the local connection.

Advertisement