Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long should it take...

Options
  • 31-03-2008 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

...to get documents back from the VRO after a change of ownership?
    Coming up to 4 weeks since I bought my current car (Irish), seller filled in signed forms, put logbook, cert etc into an envelope there and then and said he would post that evening.
    This far on and I've not received anything back (still using receipt as proof of ownership). I've contacted the seller and he says it was posted...I have no reason to think he's not telling the truth.
    The car had 2 months tax on it when purchased...could that be delaying any communication from the office in question? I've given the benefit of the doubt to the office as it's been easter holidays and such the last few weeks but am a bit concerned now. Should I contact them directly and see what the hold up is?
    Thanks for any help/advice...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

In my experience, it usually takes a fortnight or so. Give them a call, at least you'll then know whether they've received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

took about 4 weeks for me to recieve mine when i changed cars back in october so I would n't be overly concerned, you should contact them to make sure they reecieved it though

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you ring Shannon there should be a automated message saying what purchase dates they are currently working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Rang on Friday, finally got through, they were processing docs received on the 6th March at that stage.

Automated message not working on either 1089411412 or 061365000. just an engaged tone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Rang on Friday, finally got through, they were processing docs received on the 6th March at that stage.

Aye that sounds about my right for my timeframe...earliest they would have received documents in my case was 3rd March, post depending, so I can maybe expect something this week...
    I'd just heard 2 weeks bandied about as a rule and was worrried about seller not posting on or a loss in the post or something...

• Advertisement
Advertisement