Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Honda NSX.

Options
  • 31-03-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Well here's a photo of what it could look like. Please Honda, go and build it!

They're trying to get it around the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes 30 seconds. Some achievement if they can actually pull it off, and knowing Honda, they will!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I can't see them building another one, the NSX, despite all the praise heaped on it was a poor seller. If they do it will just be a vanity project, like their F1 adventure. The would do better aiming at the Nissan GTR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Original was completely underrated. Shame really. Amazing car that yore granny could drive :pac:

ugh, too much like the infinity or new skyline. Bring back the original shape-like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

total design rip off of the mazda RX-8

It actually looks like a hyundai coupe !

Original still looks better! ... can only imagine how good it would have looked when it was launched in the early 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Yuck.

Hondas design team/management need a damn good kicking, utterly bland (Accord) of just stupidly OTT design(Civic). I've never seen a Honda I would desire, whatever about their engineering prowess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I can't see them building another one, the NSX, despite all the praise heaped on it was a poor seller.
    21,000 sold wasn't bad for a halo car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Original still looks better! ... can only imagine how good it would have looked when it was launched in the early 90's

1988 actually it made it's debut in I think the Chicago motor show, but ya, looks far far better in the metal than any picture.
    That one is chronic looking. They had a concept pic out a few years ago that did look good, but that doesn't.

JHMEG wrote: »
    21,000 sold wasn't bad for a halo car.

I think it was nearer 18,000 over 15 years, selling in very low numbers in its twilight years. It was a great car but it illustrated just how hard it is for the volume makers to take on the Porsches and Ferraris of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hondas design team/management need a damn good kicking, utterly bland (Accord) of just stupidly OTT design(Civic). I've never seen a Honda I would desire, whatever about their engineering prowess.

I have to agree with this. I can't remember one car, apart from the NSX (and the old Integra with the flip-up lights from 20 years ago) that Honda have manufactured that I actually really liked. I quite like the design on that link but it's quite generic.

If they put as much effort into designing their cars as their TV adverts they'd have a winning formula!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Hondas are about VTEC kicking in at 5,500 rpm:D!(the DOHC VTEC for the pedantic here)

And "da EG Civic is da biggest ligind of a car eva like":p!

They're not about style really, though the current Civic, whatever one Honda fanboys call that one is called, is seriously good looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I don't like the looks of that, quelle surprise :D
    E92 wrote: »
    They're trying to get it around the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes 30 seconds

That's seriously fast! It would beat all but a handful of standard production cars. Respect if they can pull that one off. Any link to that, E92?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

unkel wrote: »
    Any link to that, E92?

Top of the page unkel! It's in the article under the photo in the link somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

E92 wrote: »
    Hondas are about VTEC kicking in at 5,500 rpm:D!(the DOHC VTEC for the pedantic here)

Being even more pedantic, the EP3 (02-06) CTR DOHC iVTEC kicked in at 6,000 RPM so not all are 5.5K. :D (Right, I'll get me coat)

Back on topic, re the NSX, has the shape actually been signed-off? I doubt it... but then again Honda have put out some seriously silly designs these last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I have my doubts that the final product will look like the one in that article.

This is what the new NSX was most recently going to be based on, as the new one is front engined. This was known as the Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept (ASCC):
    2011-acura-nsx-2.jpg

Honda got a lukewarm reception to the design and it's rumoured they are considering some completely different design.

Personally I like the look of that one... they have hinted that they consider Aston Martin to be a main rival for the new NSX, and hence the front engine.

Advertisement