Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Healthy Hot Quick Meal...

• 31-03-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

my biggest problem was after working a 12 hour shift and driving home for an hour, I was just too knackered to make a meal, so I used to buy chips or something quick and scoff it down. I needed something that was tasty, hot, filling and healthy and done in 10 mins.

My solution was a range of discoveries.
    Firstly, Uncle bens microwave whiolegrain rice. Cooks in 2 minutes.
    Second, a bag of frozen mixed veg, a bag of frozen broccolli and a bag of frozen spinich.
    Thirdly, one of the range of Blue Dragon chinese sauces, less then 100 Cals per pack.

First, put frozen veg, broccolli and spinisch into microwave for 4 mins(just the right amount for yourself). While it is cooking, heat 2 spoons of olive oil in the pan. After the 4 mins, put the veg straight into the pan and add the sauce. Put the uncle bens on for 2 mins. let the veg sizzle in the sauce untuil the rice is cooked.

Rice straight onto a plate, veg straight from the pan to the plate, hot tasty meal in 7-8 mins flat, delicious, nutricious and filling.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved to the main Nutrition & Diet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Umm... this is just a stir-fry. You should be able to make one with fresh veg in roughly the same amount of time.

Basmati rice takes about 10 mins to cook. While it's on, chop an onion and whatever other veg you want (some won't require chopping). Fry in exactly the same way. Should take 10 mins in total.

Use various combinations of oyster sauce, soy, yellow bean, lemon and honey to create your own sauces.

Boom - same thing, except fresh and without the additives.

Advertisement