Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Guns?

• 31-03-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

What do people reckon is the best gun for use in multiplayer? I know everyone has different opinions.

Im Lvl 14 at the mo, using a M16 with Acog sights, but using a M4 red dot in last few games.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

I think the M4 Carbine with red dot sight is the best, but the MP5 isn't too far behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

'Best' isnt always a good thing. The P90 is probably the 'best' gun in the sense that it shoots like a laser and has a huge mag, but only noobs and score-whores use it.

I use an AK-47 a lot because it has a good kick to it and is more fun. It's not the 'best' because at times it isn't very accurate, but meh. If im using a sniper rifle it'd be a bolt action (R700) because again, it's a bit more fun. Nothing lamer than watching a sniper with a Dragunov or Barrett miss on his first shot and then empty the rest of the mag desperately trying to hit the guy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Nothing lamer than watching a sniper with a Dragunov or Barrett miss on his first shot and then empty the rest of the mag desperately trying to hit the guy :pac:
    On the other hand I use the overkill perk and deliberately empty a mag in the hopes of attracting people who look for snipers as an 'easy kill'. I then switch weapons and either use the M4 or MP44 to take them out when they come racing to kill me :D I love hearing people with headsets shouting "F**k, where'd he get the machine gun? B**tard killed me!"

You're right about the 'best' gun bit. It depends on what you are trying to achieve in the game.

I like the M4 at the moment but I only recently stopped using the MP44. Before that it was a silenced MP5...

Hell, some games I don't even use any gun, I try to get all my kills by melee attack, other times I try to use suicide grenade attacks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Depends on the situation.

AK-47 or M16 for everything really.
    AK-74u for close combat.
    Default sniper rifle for sniping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

silenced m14 is clearly the best gun in the game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Ak with iron sights in big maps, MP5 with silencer on small/urban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

M4. Always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

RPK with grip, you can out snipe snipers with it. And with the damage and penetration perks cover means nothing to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i use the m4a01 (default sniper) for sniping as without a doubt its the strongest rifle.

im currently using the m16 with grenade launcher attachement. Im finding it more fun without the "easy red dot"

also have to mention ive never used an acog yet, cause it looks horrendous, but more and more people on xbox are putting it on sniper rifles and it seems to be the business.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Went through a big M60 phase for a while, handy in TDM when you arrive on a big scrap and don't have to pause to reload like everyone else and it makes a lovely "DAKKA" noise :)

Current faves are an M4 + red dot or a Skorpion + silencer depending on the map. I'd desperately love an option to wield 2 SMG's akimbo for super short range shootiness!!! :D

Sniping - I don't snipe as I think it's ghey :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Carbine, iron sights, Deep Penetration, Increased Damage. Awesome.

P90, digital camo, silenced, Dead Silence, UAV Jammer. Sneak-whore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

RPD with grip, stopping power and that perk for better should kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Silenced Skorpion waaay to accurate at distance - i believe its on the nerf list for next patch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

The silenced scorpion is bugged, just like the AK with iron sights.

How the hell is the AK iron-sighted bugged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

My all-time favourite set-up... Seems to get me double the kills I get with anything else!

M14 + Red Dot
    Golden Desert Eagle
    3 x Stun
    Juggernaut
    Last Stand

oh yeah. Went prestige and lost it all for the moment though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

Maybe some of the guns are slightly different on the consoles, but the AK47 owns all by far. Topic ended!

KamiKazi wrote: »
    How the hell is the AK iron-sighted bugged?

Deals less damage than its supposed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Pyr0 wrote: »

Thats my sneakwhore gun (until I saw the post earlier about the P90 and am dying to give it a try!) and I've noticed that alright. not too bad at close quarters tho.

Must try the P90 at distance tho.

My loadout depends on game type tho. I'm trying to get the M4 challenges so i'll use than playing hardcore and then sneakwhore 80% of the time on everything else. sometimes sniper with a barret (uav jammer on hardcore, overkill on non-hardcore because of the killcam revealing my position anyway). cant get a hang of the LMGs, the second and subsequent shots go wide of te mark! medium - long distance me arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Q_Ball wrote: »
    ...cant get a hang of the LMGs, the second and subsequent shots go wide of te mark! medium - long distance me arse
    The LMG's require that you don't keep the trigger pressed down, doing so only leads to huge recoil.

If you want to avoid recoil altogether then use an LMG with the 'Grip' attachment ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

On hardcore - G3 with extra damage, on standard m16a3 with duble tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

G3 with acog or M16 with acog for medium to long distance shooting.

MP5 or AK with no attachments for short to medium range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

I just don't get the G3. It's far too slow to be any use as an assault rifle. The AK-47 is pretty damn handy. Use the silencer and the UAV jammer perk and you can run riot.

Sniper wise the r700 with extra bullet damage and increased penetration can take down a juggernaut wuth one body shot. It's just awesomely powerful.

G3's a great gun - takes a bit of practise after using an auto!

Yeah, I nearly had a swift onset of arthritis the few times I've used it.
    Is there something I'm missing in it? Good range, or the like?

I started to use it just to gain xp - it's fairly accurate and powerful, and if you put an acog scope on it, it's a pretty decent sniper!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

P90 is savage.

I usually use the m4 with dot or silencer.

Pyr0 wrote: »

Whick AK the 47 or 74?

If its the 47 all attachments give it less damage but its fine with ironsights.

The 74 is overpowered if anything.

The AK 47

The red dot sights don't effect any other gun damage wise AFAIK

The silencer on any gun gives it less damage and penetration.

• Advertisement

yeah thats what I just said...

you said it was bugged without attachments

Yeah, but it doesn't really matter. If you're using a silencer, chances are you're sneaking about with the UAV perk just picking off people from behind.

The first assault rifle listed, is great fun. I never used it at the start, but it's brilliant.

yeah the m16, usually use it on defending. ak47 on attacking

KamiKazi wrote: »
    yeah thats what I just said...

you said it was bugged without attachments

Ah sorry, I read your comment wrong, I read it was red dot sight for some reason !

My bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ade Alves

M14 w/ silencer, UAV etc etc is my usual choice.

That and a MP5 w/ silencer on somehwere like Vacant ie: close quarters.

If not silencer than Red Dot Sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

M16 + silencer is my choice for the hardcore mode, shoots with deadly accuracy and nice bursts.

For running around and spraying AK74 is a killer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Any shotgun for shipment aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

I'v been converted to the way of the P90....

P90 + ACOG
    Desert Eagle
    3 x Frag
    Stopping Power
    Steady Aim

The beauty of this, is that at close-medium range, you don't even need to aim.. just spray, and things die. Gives the edge on almost anyone as your always first to the draw. And then the ACOG for long range, which makes the P90 suprisingly useful at distance.

Been getting way above my average scores with this, got 41-12 on Pipeline and 36-11 on strike.. happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Magnusd

Most fun: M40 with ACOG + stopping power: 1 shot qick scope kills- have been known to take out entire teams by camping with this set up :) (+steady aim for funny no scope headshots!)

Best for CQB- MP5 W/ unscilenced, stopping power + steady aim (so useful in a SMG)

Best scilenced Assualt: G3 w/ scilencer, Stopping power + deep impact (scilenced iron sighted sniper!) dont need stopping power for Hardcore mode.

Best LMG: RPD w/Grip , Stopping + Deep (shoot through anything, as accurate as a sniper!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

no surprise the uber-gay-P90 is the best weapon for STOCK maps as they are all shoe-boxes :rolleyes:

My personal preference goes to the G36C with no attachment, Extreme conditioning and Last Stand

Advertisement