Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University Application Demo - Please Read/Give Support

Options
  • 31-03-2008 5:44pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

There is a demo in Dublin on Wednesday, April 2nd 08 for the WIT University Application. The college director has requested that students please give their support and contact the Students Union for more information. If for attendance reasons or for exams you can not go, the directory has said he will supply a letter to your lecturer granting leave. He has requested that WIT Students please support the event and attend the day trip to Dublin.

The day should be a good. It is a very important issue, and free Bus/Transport is being provided for all who go.

Please, show your support. Get your class members and yourselves into the WIT Students Union Office to register.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Update: All expenses will be paid on this trip (such as lunch and transport). If you have important classes or exams, the director will provide a letter granting your absense. This is not a protest. WIT Students are wanted to come out and show their support by going up to Dublin (Grafton Street) for a short while and handing out flyers about the WIT University Application and getting it more attention.

Please, come out and show your support. Contact the Students Union office for additonal information or to register. Let your class mates and WIT Student friends know also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Would be helpful to know the date?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ec18 wrote: »
    Would be helpful to know the date?
    There is a demo in Dublin on Wednesday

Since Sully only posted this this afternoon, one would assume its this Wednesday

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry. Yes it is this Wednesday April 2nd. I got as much short notice as did the Students Union!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hi Sully, any idea of what time we would be back? I have work for 6pm and no holidays left to take time off to go for it.

• Advertisement

Ill let you know in the morning. I was told we wouldnt be to late but ill confirm times in the morning

Still waiting on an answer. Everyone has a different one!

I can tell you that the bus leaves at 8.30am though. Ill do my best to find out our arrival time for Tramore on return.

ETA back in Waterford is 5.30-5.45 depending on traffic or unexpected circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Nicely organised by the WIT, a great sign of things to come of a supposed 'University' in the makings. To be honest, I'd attend a protest against University status before I'd attend one supporting it.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Nicely organised by the WIT, a great sign of things to come of a supposed 'University' in the makings. To be honest, I'd attend a protest against University status before I'd attend one supporting it.

Ill take that as a no so?! Free day on Grafton St... why not?! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Sully wrote: »
    Ill take that as a no so?! Free day on Grafton St... why not?! :p

**** had I known about this a week ago I would have organised around it , pitty I can't go now though :( .

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I am guessing that this protest turned out to be a complete waste of time, with Bertie resigning taking over the media attention

**** had I known about this a week ago I would have organised around it , pitty I can't go now though :( .

We only found out about it the other day :p
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    I am guessing that this protest turned out to be a complete waste of time, with Bertie resigning taking over the media attention

Yes and no. We got a good bit of coverage (TV3, Irish Indo and some others whos name was never given) but a lot of the radios (like TodayFM) refused to even consider us due to Berty.

Still, we made our voices heard and the runners handed in the scroll. Leaflets were also provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Photos from the demonstration can be seen here

Advertisement