Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook API & Mini Feeds

Options
  • 31-03-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone here has experience of using the facebook API - in particular adding items to a user's mini feed. I read the the documentation (confusing) and then scripted up something in PHP using feed.publishTemplatizedAction to post to a user's feed after a particular action following the tutorial at http://facebook-developer.net/2008/01/21/how-to-successfully-publish-widespread-news-feed-stories/ but no joy. Then elsewhere I found that some people were using the $user_id variable as the first parameter of the function call in addition to the ones in the tutorial and I tried that - it worked once but hasn't worked since despite my template being added in the facebook developer area.

Can anyone make some sense of this whole area for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Nevermind - eventually figured it out from the php client - the $user_id variable was a legacy use for anyone else that's interested. It is no longer used.

Advertisement