Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KJWorks M9 gas problem

Options
  • 31-03-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just bought(Friday) a KJWorks M9 from Tony in Eirsoft and I'm having problems with it.

Everything was working perfectly yesterday and lastnight when I was plinking in the back garden. I kept shooting BB's until it was out of gas and then packed it away in it's styro-foam box. I just took it out there and wanted to have a quick plink in the back again...

I took it out, loaded the mag with with BB's filled it with green gas and took aim.
    1st shot - perfect
    2nd shot - ok, down on power but went nonetheless
    3rd shot - BB didn't come out, instead the whole contents of the gas reservoir in the mag came shooting out the barrel in large hiss!

I put some more gas in it and tried it again but the same thing, 1st shot perfect, 2nd or 3rd shot and the whole mag empties on me without any BB's coming out :(

I don't want to go back to complain to Tony until I try all options to fix it first... I think it might be the valve on the mag?

Anyone got any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Since you managed to use it ok last night i'm guessing your filling the mag the correct way (upside down) so scratch that off the list, how cold are the mags? Gas is highly dependent on temperature, a cold mag will get very few shots off and can sometimes vent after a couple of shots like you described.
    What gas are you using? Is the can full? Propane can be especially deceiving, it can feel like there is still a lot of gas left, but there's not enough pressure to fill the mag for more than a couple of shots

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Happened me lots of times on new GBB's. Dunno what causes it but
    I just sprayed the Mag, the valves, The Nozzle and the silde with silicone oil spray
    it initially caused the GBB to mifire and for some reason the gas vented and the nozzle
    stuck in the forward position.

I found the nozzle was a bit stiff because it was new and needed lots of Lube:
    th_slide2.jpg
    th_slide1.jpg
    th_slide3.jpg
    th_slide4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

kdouglas wrote: »
    Since you managed to use it ok last night i'm guessing your filling the mag the correct way (upside down) so scratch that off the list, how cold are the mags? Gas is highly dependent on temperature, a cold mag will get very few shots off and can sometimes vent after a couple of shots like you described.
    What gas are you using? Is the can full? Propane can be especially deceiving, it can feel like there is still a lot of gas left, but there's not enough pressure to fill the mag for more than a couple of shots

I'm using ultrair green gas. The mag was room temperature when I filled it but after the gas came flying out of it it became pretty damn cold.
    bullets wrote: »
    Happened me lots of times on new GBB's. Dunno what causes it but
    I just sprayed the Mag, the valves, The Nozzle and the silde with silicone oil spray
    it initially caused the GBB to mifire and for some reason the gas vented and the nozzle
    stuck in the forward position.

I found the nozzle was a bit stiff because it was new and needed lots of Lube:

Even though it was working perfectly lastnight? Would it just sieze up like that so quickly??

It's a bit dis-heartening when you buy something you've been looking forward to and then it just stops working. :(:(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

id say ya defo need to oil it., the green gas has oil in it but as with every GBB o get i always give them a good oiling up before using them., theres not enough oil in the gas to break in a new pistol but once it gets a fair bit of use in it it'll be fine.,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

<snip>
    NB: Do not actually do this:eek:

• Advertisement

i often leave them on the radiator for a minute and once there warm they have a hell of a lot more "umph".,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

<snip>
    NB: Do not actually do this:eek:

If it's something that shouldn't be done then why are you posting about it?
    Amongst other things, it's very dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Just to clarify you are holding the mag upside down when filling it, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I reckon it just needs oiling too, with every new GBB or AEG i get i give them a good clean before i use them

Motosam wrote: »
    Just to clarify you are holding the mag upside down when filling it, right?
    yup, upside down all the way hen filling it.

So do you reckon that it had enough lubrication to work for a few mags worth of BB's and then siezed up?

How exactly do I oil up the valves?

thanks for all the help guys.

Am I right in saying that the gas release nipple located on the back of the magazine at the top should spring back out quickly when pushed down with the finger? Because I can guess that if it stays down and slowly comes back out when pressed the valve stays open for too long thus expelling too much propellant... will a silicone oiling sort this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Chunks wrote: »
    yup, upside down all the way hen filling it.

So do you reckon that it had enough lubrication to work for a few mags worth of BB's and then siezed up?

How exactly do I oil up the valves?

thanks for all the help guys.

Am I right in saying that the gas release nipple located on the back of the magazine at the top should spring back out quickly when pushed down with the finger? Because I can guess that if it stays down and slowly comes back out when pressed the valve stays open for too long thus expelling too much propellant... will a silicone oiling sort this problem?

Yes, the gas release button should bounce out quickly when the mag is empty. I had this problem with my KJW M9 too.
    The fix.
    1. Empty the magazine of all gas by pressing in the gas release button.
    2. Place the mag on a flat surface with the button facing up and fill it with silicone oil.
    3. Press the button a few times, this allows the silicone oil to work its magic.
    4. After a few presses the button will bounce back a lot faster.
    5. Wipe the outside of the mag, fill and test it.

This only takes a minute and it worked for me!

Yes, the gas release button should bounce out quickly when the mag is empty. I had this problem with my KJW M9 too.
    The fix.
    1. Empty the magazine of all gas by pressing in the gas release button.
    2. Place the mag on a flat surface with the button facing up and fill it with silicone oil.
    3. Press the button a few times, this allows the silicone oil to work its magic.
    4. After a few presses the button will bounce back a lot faster.
    5. Wipe the outside of the mag, fill and test it.

This only takes a minute and it worked for me!

Perfect, i'll give that a shot once my silicone oil arrives. :)

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Perfect, i'll give that a shot once my silicone oil arrives. :)

thanks.

I just saw this Chunks....if you're still having trouble with it, bring it back and we'll replace it for you, no problems.

Shiva wrote: »
    I just saw this Chunks....if you're still having trouble with it, bring it back and we'll replace it for you, no problems.

Ok, that's great Shiva thanks.

I'll give the silicone on the gas button a shot cos I reckon it's something small like that. If it doesn't work then i'll drop it in. I'm planning on heading out to you this Saturday anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ben2k7

the seals might be gone in the mags, its a prone prob with we's

Success!

I ordered some silicone spray and it arrived today. Sat down when I got home from work and oiled up the gas release button on the mag and every other moving / sliding part on the gun. Within about 30 seconds the button was springing back out when pressed.

When I fired off a few bb's it seemed to be working perfectly smooth.... it even felt like there was more of a kick and greater power off it.

Thanks for all the help guys. hope I can repay it in the near future.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Success!

I ordered some silicone spray and it arrived today. Sat down when I got home from work and oiled up the gas release button on the mag and every other moving / sliding part on the gun. Within about 30 seconds the button was springing back out when pressed.

When I fired off a few bb's it seemed to be working perfectly smooth.... it even felt like there was more of a kick and greater power off it.

No problem Chunks, glad to help :D.

once it gets plenty of use it'll bed in and the slide will work better, the paint on the rails wears off ofter a while and then its nice and smooth.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Success!

I ordered some silicone spray and it arrived today.

Good to hear you got the problem sorted.

~B

Advertisement