Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the difference between a hallucination and a mirage?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

:eek:

That's neither an hallucination nor a mirage, it's a travesty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Looks like deckchairs from the 50's...and WTF is that on the steering wheel?
    Bloody immigrants...I know we Irish f*ck up our cars with poor taste and cheap mods, but only a foreigner could manage that level of nasty...right? Feel free to criticise me for a racial generalisation, but I think I'm on the money here...
    lol it's an auto as well. Derek Trotter would have it hard to sell that...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Looks like a hippys shaggin' wagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

its that tiny little stone behind the back wheel there to stop it rollin back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'd say all the interior "enhancements" could be ripped out within five minutes ...the "my little pony" and other assorted lady-owner animal stickers on the side are a different issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Why, oh why?
    982587_20080324030322_6.jpg
    982587_20080324020306_2.jpg
    982587_20080324030350_3.jpg
    982587_20080324030343_5.jpg
    982587_20080324030334_4.jpg

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mitsubishi/Mirage/car/982587/

yours for €1850

I thought it must've been an early April fool, but the ad was last updated last week.

Friend of Rover Guy? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Summary:
    Japanese import, lady owner, very clean car throughout

Enough said. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

While I find it ugly as bedamned and would never be caught dead at the wheel of it, I have to admit I always admire when people put effort into making their car unique, and I wouldn't begrudge them it, even if it was a tasteless piece of crap :)

And I reckon the "Japanese import" fact has a lot more to do with it than the "lady driver" fact... Or do all women in Ireland have cars that look like that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭blackbox

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Why, oh why?

982587_20080324020306_2.jpg

I just love the cover on the handbrake - I haven't seen one of those before. How long before they become "mainstream" and Halfords start stocking them?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

....and the alloy centre caps appear to be missing! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Maybe it was all a cunning plan by the importer to make it look horrid and
    lower it's import value and the VRT charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Meh, diffrent strokes and all that.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I think i've found my new car. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Wertz wrote: »
    Bloody immigrants...I know we Irish f*ck up our cars with poor taste and cheap mods, but only a foreigner could manage that level of nasty...right? Feel free to criticise me for a racial generalisation, but I think I'm on the money here...

I don't think an Irish(wo)man would have that in him/her!

The stickers seem to be covering up some damage - looks like scrapes are running from the wheel arch forward, musta saved a bundle on body shop repairs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Asian.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Oilrig wrote: »
    Asian.

Chinese to be more precise.

BTW the car sold today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

unkel wrote: »

BTW the car sold today!
    you seem to know a bit too much,is your bank account 1850 quid the lesser by any chance? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Is that carpet on the steering wheel?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

unkel wrote: »

BTW the car sold today!

Did they throw in the packet of cream crackers beside the handbrake?

Might throw the whole colour scheme off if they didn't:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Looks like a mobile creche :D

Has to be an asian owner, specifically korean i'd say judging by some of the seat covers similar to that I saw in Seoul!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think this interior wins:

876660_20080108120126_1.jpg
    876660_20080108120126_2.jpg

Taken from here:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Ford/Fiesta/HIGHLY-MODIFIED/876660/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Car manufactures spend millions of Euro on designing and engineering a car. Many man hours are put into these design processes by skilled engineers, which take months (and sometimes years) to prefect, only to have it all messed up by some twat with a dangerously angled baseball cap and a gift voucher for Halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Car manufactures spend millions of Euro on designing and engineering a car. Many man hours are put into these design processes by skilled engineers, which take months (and sometimes years) to prefect, only to have it all messed up by some twat with a dangerously angled baseball cap and a gift voucher for Halfords.

oh, I dunno about that..........I'm seriously thinking all that's used by factories is a fortune cookie................... and oujie board........ http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055266953

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Seriously though ..how in the world did this car sell looking like that ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

To be fair, it looks like all the 'modifications' are easily removable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I really wish that Carzone had a "Comments" field...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Now let's see if that Fiesta sells! Oh lord...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Now let's see if that Fiesta sells! Oh lord...

+1 ya it's bad as well.

really nice motor real head turner. lol

Advertisement