Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gettin' diggy with it

Options
  • 31-03-2008 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Anyone know whats with the JCB etc at the last Spine Road roundabout today ? just curious....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yeah good question...anyone any idea???...it looks like they've marked it out on the grass but nothing springs to mind of what could be going there (don't you love this consultation business they do before they spend your management fee money!)

Perhaps it could be that playground I've seden people talking about...sure stick it in the middle of a roundabout - extra safe stuff...kidding :D

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

astrofluff wrote: »
    Perhaps it could be that playground I've seden people talking about...sure stick it in the middle of a roundabout - extra safe stuff...kidding :D
    I wouldn't joke about that astro made contact this evening with a Zapi rep hes not sure its either a water feature --as if we havent enough of the stuff in our gardens --or wait for it The Playground
    :eek: Will post up in morning when he gets back to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

woodser wrote: »
    I wouldn't joke about that astro made contact this evening with a Zapi rep hes not sure its either a water feature --as if we havent enough of the stuff in our gardens --or wait for it The Playground
    :eek: Will post up in morning when he gets back to me

Ya wha ??? - that answer wouldn't have anything to do with tomorrow being April first ???? Anyway, the Puddle by the Park, I can see it now, on a Monday morning, bobbing empty beer cans gently clinking, cigarette butts floating, along with the odd comatose resident......:D

true, I shouldn't joke around when safety is involved...I for one should know that...anyways, if it ends up being a planter with nice species of shrubs and trees, then we're guaranteed to have reduced visibility on yet another roundabout in Charlesland - Safe? I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Ring, Ring
    "Hello?"
    "hi, this is Geoff from Zapi - we want you to go out to Charlesland and put in a playground"
    "Alright, were do you want it"
    "Uh, stick it on that bit of grass in the middle of the estate"
    "Right you are Guv, I'll get right on it..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 woodcutter

According to one of the work men there yesterday, it's the playground.

then its got to be a mistake on someones part - no-one in their right mind would build a childrens playground in the middle of a busy roundabout.

I have to ring the mgmt co. about a different matter - I'll ask them about it.

woodcutter wrote: »
    According to one of the work men there yesterday, it's the playground.

Yeah, nice April fool!

Edit

<<<<<<<<<I like the way we are all moderators....Mike, Eoin, you're fired!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

astrofluff wrote: »
    Yeah, nice April fool!

You gotta laugh!

ok, but what is it then - if its a water feature then it seems fairly pointless (and no doubt we're going to end up paying for its maintenance).

Look at the one in the park in the village - its nearly always switched off, and when it is turned on kids throw soap into it and it ends up covered in foam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GreenEyes

I just range Cuala Property Managment & they don't know what they are doing on the roundabout. They called Durkans to see if they knew about it and it isn't them.

I believe it is Woods that are undertaking the work and as I mentioned, I have been informed that it is the new playground. Perhaps I am the target of an early April Fools but I assure you, that is the information I have been given.

Irrespective of where the playground ends up, the Residents of Charlesland will be paying for the maintenance of it via their annual service charge. There are more resident-funded 'services' to come down the line.

Latest information I got too is that it is the playground ---no April fools---can this be stopped its ahealth and safety disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

C'mon, this had got to be an April Fool's joke. I do not believe that Wyse, or whoever runs the spine road and other common areas of the estate, are a bunch of insane idiots.

This just in. It's not the playground (could somebody please inform the shovel operator :rolleyes:)

It is a water feature which may or may not include a 'sculpture' of some description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

Has to be an Aprils fool. no one would build a playground on a round about. How can you have kids being constantly circled by cars especially with a massive field just behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Hey Guys, its just a ruse to get you all talking to each other on Boards cos its been a bit dead lately. Hahaha,
    P.S. It certainly has worked

woodcutter wrote: »
    This just in. It's not the playground (could somebody please inform the shovel operator :rolleyes:)

thanks christ - I thought the world was going insane...
    It is a water feature which may or may not include a 'sculpture' of some description.

urgh - this is not much better - was this part of the original plan for Charlesland, or is it some notion of the management companies to waste our money?

What we need are speed ramps, and maybe some better signage - a water feature should be pretty far down the list of priorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 daithilocha

so as its near the wood does it go on their managment fees..? if some toff whacks up my management fees i'll drown him in the dead pool..!

screw the badly needed bins, bad drainage in the green areas, speed bumps lets have a tacky water feature and the ****e it brings.. it reeks of Fianna fail:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Sure isn't Greystones a Fine Gael town! Or maybe the Fine Gaelers are letting their hair down a little with this outlandish water feature as a statement of their new found trendiness and creativity! Or maybe it's a water feature consisting of Enda Kenny, leg cocked, perching perilously on a rock as water exudes from some....can't finish...too disturbing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

yipper bookies offer the following odds:

Playground on roundabout 1/1000 fav
    Water feature 6/4
    "Welcome to Charlesland" Flower feature 50/1
    Statue of Bertie Ahern 100/1
    Tribute to Dustin the Turkey 200/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dutchy78

the present area under construction is going to be planted something similar to the island in the middle of the street (the roundabout) , this work was ordered and will be paid for by ballymore homes .the play-area is going to be somewhere else., not sure yet where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Langerland wrote: »
    Sure isn't Greystones a Fine Gael town! Or maybe the Fine Gaelers are letting their hair down a little with this outlandish water feature as a statement of their new found trendiness and creativity! Or maybe it's a water feature consisting of Enda Kenny, leg cocked, perching perilously on a rock as water exudes from some....can't finish...too disturbing.
    A novel way to advertise Club Orange perhaps?

dutchy78 wrote: »
    the present area under construction is going to be planted something similar to the island in the middle of the street (the roundabout) , this work was ordered and will be paid for by ballymore homes .the play-area is going to be somewhere else., not sure yet where.

Ok Ok matter clarified Monday night Zapi met with town councilat offices near south beach car park.
    Despite being told by Agents who supposedly are in charge of the running of th e spine road on behalf of the residents that it was th playground The "wise ones"it transpires that it is extra planting however to state it was ordered and paid for by ballymore is wrong it transpired at the meeting that Zapi totally different to ballymore were pressed into doing it by an individual on the spine road committee the cost of maintenance will come from the spine road budget also re the playground it is proposed to put it in the centre of the spine road however WC.C. have recieved objections on 4 grounds
    Health and safety -proximity to two main access roads
    Lack of traffic calming measures pedestrian crossings
    No parking facilities and aesthetic grounds.
    And failure to so far procure public liability insurance for the project

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Woodser, with regard to your query (since deleted), I suggest you contact your friendly residents' committee to get an answer to that one. Contact details in the useful numbers sticky at the top of the forum.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Woodser, I've removed the last sentence of your post - I don't think naming individuals is appropriate.

Advertisement