Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nct fail on lambda?

Options
  • 31-03-2008 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

my subaru legacy failed the nct on the lambda
    high idle (3410rpm)
    lambda 1.074
    co 0.03 vol %
    hc 14 ppm

limits are between 0.97 and 1.03 mine was 1.074 there is nothing in it but it still failed anyone know the reason for this? or were i can get it fixed any help would be great. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Sounds like its running a bit on the rich side. Might need a trip to diagnostic machine and get proper assessment. Could be a faulty Lamda probe or a fuel sensor. Did you get it serviced lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

needs a service iam actually trying to sell it jus wanted it nct wud make it easyier to sell. where could i gat this fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is actually quite a high fail, evan tho it dosnt look it on paper.

CAT quite possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

There is nothing in those figures that would suggest it is running rich, needs a service or has a faulty cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I have the same prob as you. My CO is 0.48% on High Idle where anything above 0.3% is a fail! :(

One garage said I needed a new Lamba sensor and the other said I may need a new CAT.

• Advertisement
Advertisement