Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral

Options
  • 31-03-2008 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Any tips?

Maybe if a list could be compiled of questions that can be asked!

NOT THE OBVIOUS ONES such as What age are you? etc.

- What would you do if you were prinicpal of your school?
    - Why is sport important to people?
    - Whats your opinion on recycling?
    etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

drugs, obesity, smoking? General health related stuff like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Does anyone know if this is correct French.If not please correct.

j'espere que j'alle au chypre pour deux semaines en aout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'd say it "Je voudrais aller au chypre pour deux semaines en aout" - I would like to go to Cyprus for 2 weeks. Personally I think it sounds better than saying I hope.

BTW you only change the first verb in a sentence from the infintive.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Well, if he wanted to keep the éspere then it would be 'j'espere que j'aille au chypre pour deux semaines en aout.' It would be perfectly fine to say that he hopes, especially in the current financial climate, you know. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lc-lady

had mine 2day! she asked me about obesity.. and how college life will be different to life now! also past-times bla bla the usual crap.. she did ask one my friends da diff between uni and an IT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

The only tricky question i got was do you think 18 is the right age to serve alcohol to young people, other than that it was standard stuff, past present, future, subjunctive, imperfect

Advertisement