Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team I want for Blackburn away

Options
  • 31-03-2008 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Plenty of players need a kick up the arse in the remaining games, so here's where I'd start:

Cerny

Hutton
    Woody
    Zokora (King if fit)
    Lee

Steed
    O'Hara
    Tainio
    Lennon

Bent
    Keane

Bench: Blobbo, Gilberto, Berbatov, Taarabt, Chimbonda

Lee playing at LB means we lose a forward option cos he can't cross for sh1t, so I'd tell him to stay in his own half and play Lennon on the left. His crossing ain't much better, but at least he has a bit of pace and might stretch the middle of the park.

Steed on the right, he'll play narrow anyway but that's ok as Hutton will be getting forward on the overlap.

None of our back-up CBs have covered themselves with glory so I reckon Zokora is best bet there for rest of season, King's fitness aside.

Jenas out, fit or not...O'Hara's best position is CM and Blackburn will run their bollox off so Tainio in as a spolier alongside him, and to provide cover to the back 4.

Berbatov needs to be benched, he's untouchable and he knows it...can't be arsed now the season is over, and if/when he goes we'll need Keane and Bent to develop an understanding. Better now than the first two months of next season.

Options off the bench include Gilberto on at LM if Lennon doesn't work, Taarabt on either wing with Steed moving central if he goes on the right. Chimbonda as backup for Lee if LB proves troublesome (up against Bentley) and for Zokora if we need to push him back into the middle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

Lee playing at LB means we lose a forward option cos he can't cross for sh1t, so I'd tell him to stay in his own half and play Lennon on the left. His crossing ain't much better, but at least he has a bit of pace and might stretch the middle of the park.

Wouldn't agree on Lennon, he can't cross on his best side so would be worse on the left.

I'd go with: (presuming Ledley isn't fit)

Cerny

Hutton Woody Dawson Gilberto

Zokora

Chimbonda Taarabat O'Hara

Berba Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

markymac wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree on Lennon, he can't cross on his best side so would be worse on the left.

Yet his best performance in months was when switched to the left vs Chelsea in the Carling Cup?

Get used to him not being able to cross, but at least he can provide pace down the left and keep the full back occupied. If Lee plays at LB and Steed plays left midfield we will be crucified by Bentley and his LB.

Gilberto is not ready to play in the back 4, and neither O'Hara/Tainio/Chimbonda have covered themselves in glory at LB...I don't know what Lee has done that makes him a worse option at LB than any of the other options. Obviously I want Bale there when fit.

That midfield you posted will be sh1t on from a height.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

markymac wrote: »
    Cerny

Hutton Woody Dawson Gilberto

Zokora

Chimbonda Taarabat O'Hara

Berba Keane

Now you definitely were not at the game yesterday - Taarabt was actually the worst performance i ever saw in a Spurs jersey - he is absolutely useless. Fell over twice gave away possession for 3rd or 4th goal.
    Ronan is right you would be overrun in MF.

Sorry Ronan neither Bent or Lennon would ever play for me again - Bent is just dreadful no idea what he is at and Lennon has had enough chances and is a complete liability at Blackburn. I have more time for Lee too - way more effective than O'Hara at FB. The feeling in London is that O'Hara is another Dean Marney and won't make it.

I would definitely play Jenas and possibly Gilberto too - otherwise why sign him. Also i'd like to see what Gunther is capable of in a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Robinsion

Hutton Woodgate King Gilberto

Lennon Jenas Huddlestone Malbranque

Berbatov Keane

Hope Chimbonda never plays for us again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Robinsion

Berbatov Keane

Id be the same as Dub Spur bar Jenas, Id like to see OHara play in the middle, he's done quite well whenever he's been in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Id be the same as Dub Spur bar Jenas, Id like to see OHara play in the middle, he's done quite well whenever he's been in there.

Yeah, why not I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

havent seen tarrabt play but would like to, was he that bad at the weekend!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Blue 84

Robinson

Hutton
    Woodgate
    Dawson
    Gilberto

Lennon
    Jenas
    Tainio
    Steed

Berbatov
    Keane

Unlikely though, and I presume Ledley won't be fit. Looking forward to the summer now and a new midfield on the way. Chimbonda and Zokora have their moments but we have to sell them to progress I feel. And please Juande, no more 4-3-3.

ditpoker wrote: »
    havent seen tarrabt play but would like to, was he that bad at the weekend!?

He was dreadful - came on for 30 minutes.
    Fell over the ball 2/3 times - dizzy? - would not pass to anyone - lost possession in midfield and cost us a goal on the break.

Maybe its his brother or something we meant to sign!!

When he made the free against WHU last season i thought here we go - but now i saw a good deal of him i'd say get rid pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

he looks like a headless chicken,the kind you play a 5 a side with and never get a pass off him,he wants a ball of his own i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Jenas should play if available for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

galinka wrote: »
    He was dreadful - came on for 30 minutes.
    Fell over the ball 2/3 times - dizzy? - would not pass to anyone - lost possession in midfield and cost us a goal on the break.

Maybe its his brother or something we meant to sign!!

When he made the free against WHU last season i thought here we go - but now i saw a good deal of him i'd say get rid pronto.

He is not that bad (mind you I didn't catch any of the game last sunday) but any other time I have seen him while I haven't been impressed you can see with some hard work he can be special. Not afraid to take on a shot and he's pretty accurate, usually can beat a couple of players.
    While I know this is a dangerous comparison to make and i'll get slated but he reminds me of Ronaldo in his first season at united (i know he will never turn out like Ronaldo) alot of dicking around and not enough end product. I really think we owe it to ourselves and him to give him a good run in the squad at least for the last couple of games.
    Lennon is just sh1t. I know his crossing has been particularly poor of late but it hasn't always. I'm more concerned about the amount of passing opportunities he misses. He puts his head down and legs it but ALWAYS carries the ball too long IMO his awareness is really poor and DEFINATLY give O'Hara a couple of games starting CM alongside Jenas. While O'Hara is good a dishing out the ball he is really good at breaking up plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Robinsion

Berbatov Keane

Yes, besides having Cerny start (sorry Robbo, you have had enough chances to improve, you are just a bloody liability now, sorry no more chances - your gone, and hopefully in the summer for good!) this is about the best team (when playing at full capacity) we can put out.

I don't think leaving them out at this point proves anything. They needed to be told by the Manager (and Gus of course) what they did wrong last week, and what they must do this week to fix it. Then give them the chance to go out on the Field and do it (play for the team, the supporters, THE SHIRT!) They all have the talent, it is just the drive and passion that was missing.

If they can not be arzed to do it again this week, then fek em - don't play them for the rest of the season, and show them the door in the summer. If they can't put on the shirt and play with Passion after the manager has told them to do so, they should be gone!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

John W wrote: »
    Yes, besides having Cerny start (sorry Robbo, you have had enough chances to improve, you are just a bloody liability now, sorry no more chances - your gone, and hopefully in the summer for good!) this is about the best team (when playing at full capacity) we can put out.

I don't think leaving them out at this point proves anything. They needed to be told by the Manager (and Gus of course) what they did wrong last week, and what they must do this week to fix it. Then give them the chance to go out on the Field and do it (play for the team, the supporters, THE SHIRT!) They all have the talent, it is just the drive and passion that was missing.

If they can not be arzed to do it again this week, then fek em - don't play them for the rest of the season, and show them the door in the summer. If they can't put on the shirt and play with Passion after the manager has told them to do so, they should be gone!:mad:

I agree but surely you can't be instructed to play with passion. If thats not there in the first place there's a problem.

He is not that bad (mind you I didn't catch any of the game last sunday)

Believe me what i saw last Sunday i'd never want to see again. Sorry he's no Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

cerny
    huttorn
    woody
    kaboul
    ciberto
    taarabt
    tainio
    j.j.
    steed
    bent
    keane