Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knights of the Force

Options
  • 31-03-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

http://www.kotf.com/main.htm
    Has anyone heard of this ?
    It looks class...It's a total conversion for Jedi Academy :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Bloody hell, wish i could find my jedi academy copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

That is so very cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Holy crap, downloading now, gah 1.25 GBs!

I need a torrent... GAH! It has no seeders... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyone downloaded it yet? I might have to dig out my old copy of Jedi Knight..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

this looks pretty sweet. Has anyone played it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Was reading the site there where he's looking for huge money to ship what he's calling a free CD or dvd with the content on it and it strikes me as dodgy. Having googled it alot of people are branding this as a hoax. Don't part with any money on it is what I'd recommend. If it's not a hoax then happy days cause I would welcome what he says he's done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Actually, I was looking at the installation notes for the demo (in the downloads section) and it says:
    Some of anti-virus programs find the file named cmdow.exe inconvenient which is helping cd menu to run but i assure you its not a virus, dont worry about that. Besides a broad explanation about this subject can be found here

* If you get TrojanDropper.Win32.QuickBatch.c error about kur.exe just ignore it. after you click install that file operates, and since it makes installation secretly anti-virus programs can sense it differently. its not virus or trojan. after installation finished file is useless.. can be deleted if liked
    Basically the demo contains two files likely to be picked as viruses by scanners. (while the first one has an explanation here, the second one has none) Has anyone even downloaded the demo to see if this actually works?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

The torrent of it I downloaded had these 3 files in a .rar and AVG Free didn't find anything:
    KotFSetup.exe
    About Install.txt
    KotF.2.0.Readme.txt

I haven't tried running it yet because I want to play through Jedi Academy again.

Any sources of the hoax claim?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's a well known dodgy mod with questions about virus and trojans infestation, along with question marks over the legitimacy of the content itself:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/3344/knights-of-the-force/news/26748/knights-of-the-farce-weve-had-enough

I would avoid it if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

mmmm I was trying to source Jedi Academy first before I downloaded this...
    I still might give it a go though as It looks pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Force Unleashed is out next month, so I'll wait til then. A couple of months after that, real mods will come out for it.

Advertisement