Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mickey mac

Hi Gernon,
    you posted your picture on friday morning, there were two guesses and you didn't reply to either, so I assumed that you had a half day off school and in the interest of keeping the thread moving along, I posted a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

There was actually one reply shortly before you jumped in. Any how as we didn't hear from you all weekend enjoy the creche today. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

mickey mac Lych gate's right anyway so lets keep this thing going and everyone play nice or we'll have another locked thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mickey mac

Creche!! because that's pre-school and I said school, I bow to your superior wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

event wrote: »
    thats not out at drumcar is it?
    It is.
    mickey mac wrote: »
    Lych gate, entrance to Drumcar church of Ireland.
    That's more accurate! :)
    Dingatron wrote: »
    mickey mac Lych gate's right anyway so lets keep this thing going and everyone play nice or we'll have another locked thread.
    Yes, it's right, so who wants to put one up?

• Advertisement

Ok I'll bite so.

whereisimh0.th.jpg

Ok I'll bite so.
    Drogheda Swimming Pool?

europerson wrote: »
    Drogheda Swimming Pool?

Ya. I need to get the camera out to make things a bit harder I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Here's a pretty easy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Bard wrote: »
    Here's a pretty easy one.

Stevenstown house??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ibh wrote:
    Stevenstown house??

Yep. Told you it was easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Ok I'll bite so.

whereisimh0.th.jpg

no idea where this is

miceal wrote: »
    no idea where this is

See above post 98 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Both pictures are of the same building.

Here's a few harder ones, I hope. Some of mine have been a bit easy, I think. :rolleyes: Try these!

Sorry about that LOTTOWINNER. You must have posted, while I was attaching my photographs. :) Is yours Castelbellingham Church of Ireland?

Both pictures are of the same building.

St. Peter’s Church of Ireland Drogheda. Used to live 15 seconds away from there lol.

Should have posted this pic of it.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.fairweather/docs/cadavertombs/pix/thmb/thmb_drogheda_cadaver.jpg

St. Peter’s Church of Ireland Drogheda. Used to live 15 seconds away from there lol.
    I'm pretty sure St Peter's looks quite a bit different to what LOTTOWINNER posted, no?

Correct again Europerson! Church of Ireland in Castlebellingham, I can't "picture" St Peter's in Drogheda, possibly same design.

Is picture B near Grangebellew?

• Advertisement

Correct again Europerson! Church of Ireland in Castlebellingham,
    By the way, that church, which is, to all intents and purposes, in Castlebellingham, is technically Kilsaran Parish Church, but I didn't want to be all technical and give that answer, so the "church in Castlebellingham" made more sense! :)
    I can't "picture" St Peter's in Drogheda, possibly same design.
    In my opinion, at least, they look very different. Almost a century between them in building style, St Peter's being the older.
    Is picture B near Grangebellew?
    It is. Well done. :) Bonus points for anyone who can tell me what it is or give me a more specific location!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭event

isnt it the lookout tower for barmeath(sp) castle?

i thinkin olden times someone was up in that and if anyone was approaching, they could signal to teh castle.

could be wrong though

Correct again Europerson! Church of Ireland in Castlebellingham, I can't "picture" St Peter's in Drogheda, possibly same design.

:o I was looking at the first pic DSC00010.JPG. It looks very similar looking in at the church from St.Peters Place across the graveyard as far as I can remember but its been a few years. I'll take another look next time I'm around there and try and get a pic. The second pic definitely looks nothing like it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

Here's a few harder ones, I hope. Some of mine have been a bit easy, I think. :rolleyes: Try these!

Is d at "The Jumping Church" outside Ardee?

event wrote: »
    isnt it the lookout tower for barmeath(sp) castle?

i thinkin olden times someone was up in that and if anyone was approaching, they could signal to teh castle.

could be wrong though
    Well, you have the location right, but it's not a look-out tower. I have heard that story as a rural myth (as opposed to an urban myth ;) ) though. The tower's called Moneyveg Tower, and it was built on Barmeath Demesne (seat of the Bellew Baronets at that time; later they became the Barons Bellew; Barmeath is still the family seat today) to celebrate the election to Parliament of two of the Bellews in 1837. It's just a folly: it has no practical purpose. Well done! :)
    :o I was looking at the first pic DSC00010.JPG. It looks very similar looking in at the church from St.Peters Place across the graveyard as far as I can remember but its been a few years. I'll take another look next time I'm around there and try and get a pic. The second pic definitely looks nothing like it though.
    I happen to have a photo of the same side of St Peter's (see attachment), but unfortunately it's angled from the left rather than the right. Still, it shows the clear differences between the two, most notably the very different plan.
    PCwiggum wrote: »
    Is d at "The Jumping Church" outside Ardee?
    I'm afraid not, but I see from where you were coming with it! The clue's in the grave-markers!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Is Pic 'A' Mellifont Abbey!! They 're ALL very tough!:confused:

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    Is Pic 'A' Mellifont Abbey!! They 're ALL very tough!:confused:
    I'm afraid not. None of the stonework in Mellifont is as well preserved as that in the picture! ;) As I said, I thought that some of my previous additions to the forum were too easy, because you're all so smart about the world around you. :D

a is very tough. As a clue, you're better off looking not at the head, but at everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Is A St Patricks Cath in Dundalk???

• Advertisement

miceal wrote: »
    Is A St Patricks Cath in Dundalk???
    No, I'm afraid not. Wrong kind of stone, for a start!

Advertisement