Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

europerson wrote: »
    Here's a few harder ones, I hope.

Is (a) St. Nicholas' Church (The Green Church)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Is (a) St. Nicholas' Church (The Green Church)
    No, it's not, I'm afraid. There's no structure like that pictured at the Green Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Just a guess but is D at the monastry in collon! Reall want t know these answers!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mickey mac

Looking for a clue on picture A, have you anymore photos that show more of the building, looks like an entrance.:confused:

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    Just a guess but is D at the monastry in collon! Reall want t know these answers!!;)
    You have the right type of building, but entirely the wrong place, I'm afraid!
    mickey mac wrote: »
    Looking for a clue on picture A, have you anymore photos that show more of the building, looks like an entrance.:confused:
    I was hoping people might make out the structure from the clear form of the original photo, but find attached a wide-angle shot. :) I expect this won't last long now!

I'm surprised that I've had no takers on c!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

You have the right type of building, but entirely the wrong place, I'm afraid!

I was hoping people might make out the structure from the clear form of the original photo, but find attached a wide-angle shot. :) I expect this won't last long now!

I'm surprised that I've had no takers on c!

A- Faughart Graveyard??

ibh wrote: »
    A- Faughart Graveyard??
    No, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

Is "d" in Carlingford? - an old monastry maybe?

PCwiggum wrote: »
    Is "d" in Carlingford? - an old monastry maybe?
    I'm afraid not.

Do any of you want clues or other views? ;)

Can you give us more views on picture D please!! There all very puzzling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mickey mac

"Do any of you want clues or other views?"

Yes please! clues AND other views.

OK!

a is in Mid-Louth. It's right alongside a road, so I though it would have been familiar to more people!

c and d are both in Dundalk, but where?

Find attached a wider shot of d.

Not too familiar with that end of the county so ill have to throw thw towel in on this one im afraid!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

OK!

a is in Mid-Louth. It's right alongside a road, so I though it would have been familiar to more people!

c and d are both in Dundalk, but where?

Find attached a wider shot of d.

Is D

In the Park between Kiarans (Chipper) and McManus's pub

No idea what it is called by the old hospital or library not sure what it was! Around by the CBS Primary

That Direction :confused:

miceal wrote: »
    Is D

In the Park between Kiarans (Chipper) and McManus's pub

No idea what it is called by the old hospital or library not sure what it was! Around by the CBS Primary

That Direction :confused:
    OK, I don't think you have it right there, but you're not very far away. Then again, my memory may not be the best! About a quarter of a kilometre or so off, I think.

D, is it in the convent of mercy in seatown

hellboy99 wrote: »
    D, is it in the convent of mercy in seatown
    Congratulations! The Convent of Mercy cemetery it is! Well done! :)

a and c left!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Can I make a suggestion please :) I think we need to follow the general guidelines on these type of threads or this will be all over the place.

Only when you guess correctly should you post one up youself. If you don't have one, you can ask for someone else to stick one up. If your picture hasn't been guessed over a couple of days then you could consider giving clues. Also, one picture at a time, if 4 people guess correctly then who posts next?

This is how it's done on other regional forums and it works well there. Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah, thats how it should be

OK sorry - I deleted my post

• Advertisement

Is "A" in Tallanstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Is picture A near Mosstown?

Can I make a suggestion please :) I think we need to follow the general guidelines on these type of threads or this will be all over the place.

Only when you guess correctly should you post one up youself. If you don't have one, you can ask for someone else to stick one up. If your picture hasn't been guessed over a couple of days then you could consider giving clues. Also, one picture at a time, if 4 people guess correctly then who posts next?

This is how it's done on other regional forums and it works well there. Opinions?
    I'm happy to go along with anything other people feel is best. If you take a look at the Dublin Picture Game, the general form is that someone posts up a few photos, people guess them, and, when they're all got, anyone else can post some up. That works well on the higher-turnover Dublin forum, and I thought it might work well here (on a slower-turnover forum) too, because I thought it may be a bit boring, were a poster to post a difficult photo, have to wait two days for a guess, perhaps, have to give out a clue, and so it drags on. The policy of allowing anyone to post after the correct answers have been found means that there won't be large gaps while people wait for others to come back and post. In fairness, there's quite a proportion of NE users who are just passing through rather than staying here. I suppose all that can be sorted out as we go along though. Anyway, I'll stop waffling. I'll go along with anything! :)
    Is "A" in Tallanstown?
    Well done! It's the Filgate gate at the graveyard there. :)
    Is picture A near Mosstown?
    See above. :rolleyes:

Well done! It's the Filgate gate at the graveyard there. :)

A complete guess, I have to admit - anyway I'll wait until somebody gets the house in Dundalk before posting - I'm totally stumped with that one.

I'll wait until somebody gets the house in Dundalk before posting - I'm totally stumped with that one.
    Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm getting lost in all the traffic here. Can anybody tell me which picture (message no?) that's still in play?

Many Thanks.

I'm getting lost in all the traffic here. Can anybody tell me which picture (message no?) that's still in play?

Many Thanks.

Its Pic C at the top of page 8! The clue we have is that its somewhere in Dundalk!:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Some people have 40 posts per page NAGGIE03 so here ya go. Pic 'c'.

Kinda why I'd recommend 1 picture on the go at any one time :)

Yes, just the one Mr Magnolia linked to in the last post left. As NAGGIE03 said, the clue is that it's somewhere in Dundalk.

If it's not got within the next few hours, I'll tell you what it is, because I can't think of any more clues that wouldn't give it away altogether! Thereafter, someone else will post a single picture for consideration by the other users.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

No idea where C is but i say the noise from the road would be hell!

Stab in the dark is it in Cooley

It is really annoying me i know i have passed it!

Advertisement