Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to Kentstown!

Options
  • 31-03-2008 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all!
    me and my boyf are thinking of buying a house in Kenstown. What kind of place is it to live? and is the nearby dump a major issue for the town? Any thoughts would be much appreciated! : )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DeJaMo

Kentstown aint a bad place. Alot of new housing estates there now - therefore alot of kids/teenagers up to no good. The local pub is okay. Since the population is now half meath/dublin there is great friendly rivalry in the boozer. If your into GAA, its the home village of Graham Geraghty and the local club is one Meath's best at the moment. Prob only 25-30 mins from the M50 via the N2 which isn't to bad if you work in Dublin!! The locals were against the dump when it was opened first but to be honest if no one told you there was a dump nearby you would never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 silkee

Thanks so much for that reply! its great to have some unbiased info! what do you think of dun an samhradh estate - 2 houses for sale next door to eachother which seems kind of odd! they are both very keen to sell also! are there any areas you would tell us to avoid buying a property in?oh and finally are you a local or a 'blow-in' and if the latter how did you find it to settle in?

I dont live there, but i'm originally from the slane area so i know alot of people in kentstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭rimshott

silkee wrote: »
    Hi all!
    me and my boyf are thinking of buying a house in Kenstown. What kind of place is it to live? and is the nearby dump a major issue for the town? Any thoughts would be much appreciated! : )

IMHO I wouldn't touch Kentstown with a 10 foot pole.
    If you are considering buying in Kentstown turn around now and walk.
    Its as rough as Mary Harneys Arse.
    Firstly the "village" if you want to call it that has absolutely nothing going for it.
    1 Church shop/pub. Primary school. Sin e.
    Originally their was one housing estate built in Kentstown. The one beyond the church. And it was a council estate where all the Navan cast aways were sent. Now they have thrown up relitively cheaper estates at cheap prices.

Maguires Pub is full of Dub Gangsters and their wives. I heard of a drunkin Dub woman putting a cigerette out in an auld local guy's face there before.

I'd say the best thing Kentstown has going for it is proximity to Dublin. (N2-N3). But its well known among Meath people that Kentstown has an awful reputation.
    Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Hi all!

You either love it or hate it... it is very small at the moment and i would advise you to take a drive out there one sunday first, have a look around, maybe have a sunday lunch in the pub there and see what you think before you commit to buying in the area.

You wont know for yourself, unless you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

DeJaMo wrote: »
    Kentstown aint a bad place. Alot of new housing estates there now - therefore alot of kids/teenagers up to no good. The local pub is okay. Since the population is now half meath/dublin there is great friendly rivalry in the boozer. If your into GAA, its the home village of Graham Geraghty and the local club is one Meath's best at the moment. Prob only 25-30 mins from the M50 via the N2 which isn't to bad if you work in Dublin!! The locals were against the dump when it was opened first but to be honest if no one told you there was a dump nearby you would never know.

If you work 9-5 you would need a helicopter to get to the M50 in 25 minutes

Lol, you must be the one driving at 30mph so!!!!! Kentstown - Finglas m50 junction is 25mins during the morning rush hour (less if your driving over the speed limit)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

DeJaMo wrote: »
    Lol, you must be the one driving at 30mph so!!!!! Kentstown - Finglas m50 junction is 25mins during the morning rush hour (less if your driving over the speed limit)

pfffftt, one does not drive, I have my chauffeur do such distasteful things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 p38dse

Thanks so much for that reply! its great to have some unbiased info! what do you think of dun an samhradh estate - 2 houses for sale next door to eachother which seems kind of odd! they are both very keen to sell also! are there any areas you would tell us to avoid buying a property in?oh and finally are you a local or a 'blow-in' and if the latter how did you find it to settle in?

Kentstown is a great place to live easy commute to Navan Dublin and Droghedea. Friendly people in general I think the one or two bad eggs have gone now the houses you speak of in my opinion are probably the worst houses in the village timber frame structures which were exposed to weeks of rain during construction poor finish etc. look at the new four beds very well built block houses or failing that look at some of the semi detached in the village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I travel through Kentstown every day. Seems to me there seems to be many many houses for sales there. Not a good sign

• Advertisement
Advertisement