Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

another "what aeg" thread

• 31-03-2008 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

hi there, a freind of mine in school was lookin to get into airsoft and wanted me to recomend him a gun. his price range is €150 including pellets and wants something that can get thrown around a bit. i was thinking of a jg g36c or jg aug a1, are they up to it or there any others that are up to the job?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

c-90 wrote: »
    hi there, a freind of mine in school was lookin to get into airsoft and wanted me to recomend him a gun. his price range is €150 including BBs and wants something that can get thrown around a bit. i was thinking of a jg g36c or jg aug a1, are they up to it or there any others that are up to the job?
    thanks.
    Corrected lol ;) I'd say go with a G36C, never heard so many good reports about an AEG from all corners of the world :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah defo, i love mine., though the JG 416 is a beauty too and has full trade marks., its a little higher in price but shes beautiful..,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

yup as said above [and most likely below aswell :D] the Jg g36 is an excellent choice.
    Cyma Ak's are another perfect starter gun well up to the task

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

if you can get him to spring an extra 20 quid he could get a CA sportline m15a4 starter pack. I love mine, stock internals troy silencer and a carry handle scope makes a nice scouting rifle with the firepower to hack your way out of a situation if you do happen to put your foot in it. plus it has a longer barrel than the G36 allowing for greater range and accuracey over that range.
    but as said G36c is almost flawless

i do love the sportline myself, but to be honest the G36 still has better range even though it has a short barrel and the other downside to the sportline is, its an M4.,lol :D

it has a higher ROF than the G36 though and its pretty simple to take apart.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

I would definetly take the JG G36 over the Sportline.

It's a great starter gun, I've never really heard a bad review about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

G36, and the Aug is fugly.
    Or those Ak Betas Maxforce has for rent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Has anyonementioned the sportsline?

Yes, and I'd take any JG available on the market over it.

LOL,
    its good though, id still have the G36 over it but thats just personal preference really.,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Up till last weekend I'd have said sportsline all the way, but after seeing 3 die in the one skirmish I'd find it very hard to disagree with the JG.
    Only problem is you have to be careful as they can be overpowered.

vtec wrote: »
    LOL,
    its good though, id still have the G36 over it but thats just personal preference really.,

G36 v M4 - Yes, is personal preference.

JG V CA SL - Not, as the SL's are terrible ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Up till last weekend I'd have said sportsline all the way, but after seeing 3 die in the one skirmish I'd find it very hard to disagree with the JG.
    Only problem is you have to be careful as they can be overpowered.

lol ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I've heard nothing but great things about the JG G36c

The sportsline gets some really bad reviews on arnies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yep sportsline seems to be problematic, initially everyone loved them but soon the love affair ended...Makes me wonder about future sportsline releases, namely the AK 47..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

thanks for the help lads i think the g36c wins hands down. who said the aug was fugly:mad::mad::D stare at one for 2 minutes nd then say that:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Just an FYI, heres a good read about clones in general.
    http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=36508.0
    The jg g36c is mentioned in it. Ive a CA version myself but JG gets good reviews.

Love the g36c!!!

Advertisement