Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 31/03/08: Horsemen unite? (SPOILERS and discussion)

• 31-03-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Ok, so it's the RAW after WrestleMania. We should see the WWE title match for Backlash announced. Also planned is a Ric Flair retirement ceremony. JJ Dillion and Tully Blanchard are rumoured to be backstage and with Arn Anderson and Barry Windham working as road agents, could a Four Horsemen reunion be on the cards?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

A reunion? They'll just be standing beside each other for a few minutes at best, I'm not sure if that qualifies as a reunion. I'm curious as to how the ceremony will go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Fozzy wrote: »
    A reunion? They'll just be standing beside each other for a few minutes at best, I'm not sure if that qualifies as a reunion. I'm curious as to how the ceremony will go

I think there's a decent chance that Regal could get fired as fall out from the cross brand match and Flair could become GM of Raw. Wishful thinking?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I think there's a decent chance that Regal could get fired as fall out from the cross brand match and Flair could become GM of Raw. Wishful thinking?

Too soon I think. People could get fed up with Flair. Definitely a possibility somewhere down the line I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 thedrunkleader

this is not really connected to Raw, but i thought it maybe the quickest thread to get a response out of.

I remember the Walls of Jericho being a much more impressive manouvre, with elevation and the knee applying pressure to the lower back.

Since he's returned it just seems to be pretty much a standard boston crab.
    When and why did this start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I remember the Walls of Jericho being a much more impressive manouvre, with elevation and the knee applying pressure to the lower back.

Since he's returned it just seems to be pretty much a standard boston crab.
    When and why did this start?

He changed it ages ago, It's because he couldn't do the elevated version on some of the bigger wrestlers, he said he wanted the move to be the same when used on everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 thedrunkleader

Thanks Shane,
    Makes sense i suppose, but i still think it looks far more effective the original way, where possible, he should still do it, especially considering that he's back in the IC division, effectively.

Just out of interest, how did you obtain mod status with 6 posts?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how did you obtain mod status with 6 posts?

You're a moderator too Bubs, welcome on board

All info here by the way: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=136

That is ridiculous. It's like giving every child a gold medal in a race. Does that mean everybody gets access to the mod forum ?

Edit: Never mind, April fools I assume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Yep, they changed Feedback to the Mod forum for the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

So I'll assume that I can't do any modding, cos if I could, I'd ban he all for going off topic in my thread! :mad: Its a pity we can't cos there are some mods who I'd like to ban, edit their posts and basically annoy! Don't worry Foz, its not you!

P.S. First post I've made on my iTouch! Wooooooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Surely they meant that mistake?

Edit: LOL. Damn Orton.

Surely they meant that mistake?

Edit: LOL. Damn Orton.
    You didnt see that coming?

I'm tired and a mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

what ye talkin about , not watching raw :(

Does that mean what I think it means?

Matt Hardy number one contender.

Cryme Time is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Money, Money Yeah Yeah!! Very surprised to see them back....a good surprise though :)

Yeah. I got to like them just before they left. Their promos were funny. A nice 'welcome back' chant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

what happened at the start , Matt hardy for wwe championdhip?

• Advertisement

Yeah. I got to like them just before they left. Their promos were funny. A nice 'welcome back' chant.

Yeah, me too. Maybe the tag team division can be resurrected again now!
    robdcu wrote: »
    what happened at the start , Matt hardy for wwe championdhip?

Matt attacked Orton in the ring at the start. Remember it was Orton that attacked Matt 'injuring' him a few months ago.

Yeah, me too. Maybe the tag team division can be resurrected again now!

London and Kendrick just won the titles, so things are looking good for the division all of a sudden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

orestes wrote: »
    London and Kendrick just won the titles, so things are looking good for the division all of a sudden!

Don't think it was a title match!

orestes wrote: »

Non title I'm afraid :)

Dammit, I should have known it was too good to be true :mad:

Non-title match but at least it looks like London & Kendrick are not spliting up at the moment.

How about London & Kendrick vs. Cade & Murdoch vs. Cryme Tyme vs. Rhodes & Holly in a title match at Backlash maybe? I think a change of titles is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw

Cryme Tyme's profiles have re-added to the wwe.com website.

80% of the crowd probably had no idea who the horseman were :D

The ending was just awesome. A wrestling show that was all class

• Advertisement

I welled up quite a bit during that I gotta admit

Flair showed pure class the whole way through, although who would have expected any less?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fantastic ending to Raw. You can't go out any better than that.

Pro-wrestling is the best and worst of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Loved the ending to RAW.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I have to admit it doesnt get any better then that, after all it is flair and he deserved nothing less, its a pity that ole is ill, it woud have been pure class, to have arn ole tully and JJ out there

He deserved every minute of that and im glad they did it the way they did, unbelieveably class way to go out

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

After Raw went off the air, The Undertaker and Vince McMahon came to the ring to pay tribute to Flair. Undertaker got down on one knee before Flair while McMahon raised Flair's arm, then hugged him. Flair called for his family to return to the ring. He took his coat off, did a strut and dropped an elbow on his coat. Flair thanked everyone, then walked up the aisle shaking hands with everyone as the crowd gave him a standing ovation. Flair got a kiss on the cheek from Stephanie McMahon as he exited.

As Flair got to the top of the ramp, all the wrestlers bowed before Flair.

Does anyone know the name of that song they keep playing for the flair tribute and who sings it?? leave the memoreys alone or something!!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the name of that song they keep playing for the flair tribute and who sings it?? leave the memoreys alone or something!!

This is it, isn't it? http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7eJuJFdH8
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Thats it Fozzy!! Thanks!!!

shinzon wrote: »
    I have to admit it doesnt get any better then that, after all it is flair and he deserved nothing less, its a pity that ole is ill, it woud have been pure class, to have arn ole tully and JJ out there

Ole's spent the last 6/7 years saying that Flair is crap. He wouldn't go on the Four Horsemen DVD either

Ole's spent the last 6/7 years saying that Flair is crap. He wouldn't go on the Four Horsemen DVD either

He made a great Wrestling Observer guest though. It was like the battle of the heavyweights with him and Dave Meltzer going over about 30 years of wrestling!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I'm sure I've heard before, but what exactly is Ole's beef with Flair...or is it more with Vince and the WWE?

• Advertisement

Now thats something i didnt know, must dig around bring myself upto speed on it

shin

shinzon wrote: »
    Now thats something i didnt know, must dig around bring myself upto speed on it

shin

I don't think there's a specific answer. Ole comes across bitter. Smart guy though too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

why did they cut the end of raw? they didnt show taker comin out! that was the best bit i thaught! (see the wm thread for the pic)

why did they cut the end of raw? they didnt show taker comin out! that was the best bit i thaught! (see the wm thread for the pic)

Undertaker's always wanted to protect his character, I guess that's all there is to it

What a brilliant ending to Raw, a much deserved farewell to the Nature Boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

gm1984 wrote: »

we didnt it was when raw went off the air

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

A reunion? They'll just be standing beside each other for a few minutes at best, I'm not sure if that qualifies as a reunion.

Why not? Do they have to actually wrestle together before it's a reunion?
    That mean a school reunion does'nt count unless everyone brings Busy at Maths with them? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement