Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 31/03/08: Horsemen unite? (SPOILERS and discussion)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Why wasn't the Undertaker shown on tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Why wasn't the Undertaker shown on tv?

protect his bad ass rep maybe? though i think it ran well and truely over time
    there where at least another 15 or so minutes on youtube so it might get shown on smack down or ecw perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anyways they teased a Orton v JBL feud on RAW which is odd as rarely do heels feud in the main event but hell if they are going to feed someone to Orton the I am gad its someone I don’t care about like JBL.
    Also I wonder did Hulk Hogan watch that Flair segment. I doubt he will get anything as heartbreaking and to be fair he does not deserve it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The last 3 or so mins of the fouth video that Vince linked to, that's what I would have liked to seen happen at Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The last 3 or so mins of the second video that Vince linked to, that's what I would have liked to seen happen at Mania.

I bet they'll release all of the footage on dvd.

I think you can argue about when this and that should have happened and the last match at 'Mania to me would have been a great time to do it. At the same time though, I'm just glad he got the send of he deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

That was just so classy. I dont think we will ever see anything like that ever again. Maybe for taker but probably not on that scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Flair interviewed prior to wwe raw on wfnz radio

http://www.wfnz.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=1734420

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I heard they're doing another Flair DVD this year so all the footage is likely to be on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Any other links?

I don't know how long these will be up for but just type Ric Flair into youtube or daily motion and you can't go wrong.

Ric Flair retirement ceremony: http://www.dailymotion.com/search/ric%2Bflair/video/x4xg1e_ric-flairs-farewell-address_travel

After Raw: http://www.dailymotion.com/search/ric%2Bflair/video/x4xspj_ric-thank-you_sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Thanks Vince, great footage there. Can't wait to see the footage on the new Flair DVD. I'm curious where Shane, Stephanie and Linda were. It should have been the entire McMahon family, not just Vince.

Minto wrote: »
    Thanks Vince, great footage there. Can't wait to see the footage on the new Flair DVD. I'm curious where Shane, Stephanie and Linda were. It should have been the entire McMahon family, not just Vince.

Stephanie met him at the top of the ramp.

Anyone see these bad boys. Very tempted to make a purchase.

Anyone see these bad boys. Very tempted to make a purchase.

Pity it's wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

WOW!!!!
    I thought that it couldn't have gotten any more emotional after Wrestlemania.It really was an awesome farewell for naitch.It was amazing to see each wrestler,past and present,hugging flair and showing us exactly what he meant to the older guys from so many years ago to the younger guys today.In one of the camera shots even Orton was seen balling his eyes out.
    Flair officially said that he will "never" be wrestling again and unlike others who have said the same but have come back,I don't expect Flair to.As much as I would love nothing more than to continue watching him wrestle,I think that it's finally time for him to hang up his robes after such an amazing last few days at the HOF,Wrestlemania and RAW.
    Bye Bye naitch:(
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Considering how long he was in WCW I would have thought Bischoff could have made an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Flair hates Bischoff.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Considering how long he was in WCW I would have thought Bischoff could have made an appearance

It's not as if they're best friends or anything. Bischoff would've brought more bad memories than good

Just imagine Shawn Michaels making an appearance at a retirement ceremony for Bret Hart. That's basically what you'd be doing to Flair by having Eric make an appearance.

• Advertisement

Just imagine Shawn Michaels making an appearance at a retirement ceremony for Bret Hart. That's basically what you'd be doing to Flair by having Eric make an appearance.

Not quite the same. Both Bischoff and Flair have said that they each made mistakes concerning their time in WCW and they were meant to be amicable towards each other when Bischoff worked in the WWE.

In some ways I think it would have been nice to see Eric there. It would symbolise how much a legend Flair is and how much he transcends the industry, that someone who had issues with him, still manages to pay his respects to Flairs carear.

Also, remember Flair and Dusty used to have heat with eachother and not get along at all.

Not quite the same. Both Bischoff and Flair have said that they each made mistakes concerning their time in WCW and they were meant to be amicable towards each other when Bischoff worked in the WWE.

Didn't seem like that on the Horsemen DVD. And that was just last year I think

They got into a fight backstage in WWE one time too

I don't think that Flair has or will ever forgive bischoff for doing what he did to him.Both were simply being professionals when they were working in WWE together,and even then there were backstage incidents involving both.Then again if Ole was there maybe it would have been no harm to have Bischoff there aswell.Monday's RAW was not the night to hate,but rather to celebrate the career and bid farewell to one of the best,if not the best,to ever lace up his boots.

Surely if Bret had a retirement ceremony and Shawn came into the ring and shook his hand it would be the ultimate show of respect?

fatal wrote: »
    Then again if Ole was there maybe it would have been no harm to have Bischoff there aswell.

Ole wasn't there though. Unless I misunderstood
    Surely if Bret had a retirement ceremony and Shawn came into the ring and shook his hand it would be the ultimate show of respect?

To put it lightly, I don't think Bret cares for Shawn's respect

Fozzy wrote: »
    Ole wasn't there though. Unless I misunderstood

I presumed that all the horsemen were there.Now that I come to think about it,I dont think he was actually.It was poor of him not to turn up if he was invited to.Whether you like flair or you don't,you have to respect him....

To put it lightly, I don't think Bret cares for Shawn's respect

I know that but I think the gesture would have a big impact. For example, if Hulk had come out, not made a massive deal about himself (unlikely as it is) and just shook Flair's hand and stood at the side it would have made a massive impact and although the two aren't really comparable I still think the gesture would be nice. It's the christian thing to do after all

I know that but I think the gesture would have a big impact. For example, if Hulk had come out, not made a massive deal about himself (unlikely as it is) and just shook Flair's hand and stood at the side it would have made a massive impact and although the two aren't really comparable I still think the gesture would be nice. It's the christian thing to do after all

If a ceremony like that ever did happen, I think that Shawn coming out would overshadow Bret. You'd have fans starting "you screwed Bret" chants and I doubt that Bret would shake Shawn's hand

If a ceremony like that ever did happen, I think that Shawn coming out would overshadow Bret. You'd have fans starting "you screwed Bret" chants and I doubt that Bret would shake Shawn's hand

Well Shawn and Bret is a special case and I think we know that is no way that Bret would agree to something like that (which would be a must, after all Raw is Live) but there are very few cases like that. I think one head figure from WCW appearing would have been nice, after all, he spent more time there.

Shame Sting was with TNA

Well Shawn and Bret is a special case and I think we know that is no way that Bret would agree to something like that (which would be a must, after all Raw is Live) but there are very few cases like that. I think one head figure from WCW appearing would have been nice, after all, he spent more time there.

Shame Sting was with TNA

I agree.Would have loved to have seen Austin there aswell

• Advertisement

The fact that the only thing he mentioned at the HOF about that period in his career was drinking with Gene Okerlund to keep him sane sums up it all up.

It would have been nice if some of the Crocketts had been there from the NWA days. Not Bischoff though. Those 2 periods in his career shouldn't be lumped together as "WCW".

Basically, you don't invite the boss that couldn't have done a whole lot more to destroy a guy's legacy to the retirement party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I think one head figure from WCW appearing would have been nice, after all, he spent more time there.

JJ Dillon was there, and he's about as high a WCW figure that Flair would have any time for, plus the rest of the Horsmen and Steamboat were more than enough representation for WCW.

Have to say as well, i got a chill down my spine when the Radicals music came on for Malenko.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

few finally! i have seen Wrestlemania and Raw and no longer have to avoid every spoiler-tastic thread here.

one question: after watching Raw and really enjoying the Rick "What a Legend" Flair send off where virtually everyone came out to show their appreciation to The Nature Boy, one person seemed to be noticably absent. Where the hell was Vince?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

few finally! i have seen Wrestlemania and Raw and no longer have to avoid every spoiler-tastic thread here.

one question: after watching Raw and really enjoying the Rick "What a Legend" Flair send off where virtually everyone came out to show their appreciation to The Nature Boy, one person seemed to be noticably absent. Where the hell was Vince?

he and Undertaker came down to ringside after the show went off air. I think they were protecting their characters in a kayfabe sense by only doing it after the cameras went off.

flahavaj wrote: »
    he and Undertaker came down to ringside after the show went off air. I think they were protecting their characters in a kayfabe sense by only doing it after the cameras went off.

Yeah, and he looked very enthusiastic too, he was jumping all over the place when he was hugging Flair

I know that Undertaker wants to protect his character but I don't get it really. We've already seen him do a different character for a few years and he appeared front row at Lesnar's UFC debut out of character. Him coming out and hugging Flair is more believable (in a kayfabe sense) than Orton and Edge standing up front and applauding Flair, so why is it his gimmick that gets protected and not the others? Nobody actually believes that he's dead or whatever his gimmick is, whereas there probably are fans who believe that Orton and Edge are pricks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Yeah, and he looked very enthusiastic too, he was jumping all over the place when he was hugging Flair

I know that Undertaker wants to protect his character but I don't get it really. We've already seen him do a different character for a few years and he appeared front row at Lesnar's UFC debut out of character. Him coming out and hugging Flair is more believable (in a kayfabe sense) than Orton and Edge standing up front and applauding Flair, so why is it his gimmick that gets protected and not the others? Nobody actually believes that he's dead or whatever his gimmick is, whereas there probably are fans who believe that Orton and Edge are pricks

I kinda thought that too, if the top heels can break character and stand there with big goofy smiles on their faces, why can't Taker, especially seeing as he's a face anyway!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i kinda understood Taker cos although we all know he isnt dead and that he in a non-WWE event (Lesnar's UFC debut) left his Character behind, which he of course would as afterall the guy deserves a life outside of the Ring. However he is never portrayed as normal (non-deadman) so an off camera meeting for him i guess is logical.

However Vince has often dropped the Mr.McMahon gimmick and to applaud Flair i think would have been a worthy time to stop acting heel a la Ortan and Edge that night.

Advertisement