Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting Outside

Options
  • 31-03-2008 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

I am just in the middle of getting my Bungalow house renovated. We are getting the whole house re-plastered on the outside just sand and cement. We were going for Render but the builder and a few friends have it put us of the Render. I was wondering what is the best Masonry Paint to get (Weather-shield, Sandtex, Colortrend) and how do I calculate how much its going to cost me paint wise. Also should I be applying some sort undercoat or sealer to the new plaster....Any help appreciated

TD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

Anybody!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I always used Weather-shield...If the render is put on properly then you shouldn't need a primer...Give it at least two coats. The bucket (10 litre) should tell you the coverage. Get at least 4, 10litre buckets to start with,then if you need more you should be able to work out what you have covered...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

Thanks Mad M

Advertisement