Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft advice/tactics

• 31-03-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm fairly new to airsoft and have only played a few times and I am just looking for some general tactical advice. So if any experienced airsofters out there would care to share their knowledge with me I would be grateful. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

best advice is, go play the game, get shot a few times, learn from them.,:D

theres no substicute for experience,. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

go with what your gut tells you to do. your natural reflexes and intuition will get you out of more situations than a series of well studied dogmatic rules ever could.
    never ignore the niggling little voice in your head it generally talks sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭JohnReisman

ajeffares wrote: »
    Hi i'm fairly new to airsoft and have only played a few times and I am just looking for some general tactical advice. So if any experienced airsofters out there would care to share their knowledge with me I would be grateful. :)

Not only learn from your own experiences, look and learn from those that catch your eye on the field. And most of them will answer a few questions as long as you dont ask in the middle of a scrap. And maybe try to get on the same team as some of the players that have impressed you or shot you in previous games.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Shoot the enemy, don't get shot. Basic premise of war and wargames. Beyond that, follow the rules of the game and you'll pick it up. There's almost always someone on your team with enough experience to take charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Thanks, and does anyone have any advice on good value sniper rifles? Are clones any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

NakedDex wrote: »
    Shoot the enemy, don't get shot.

Theres always at least one answer like that :D

Best advice I got was never be afraid to move forward, that way you are in the thick of it, and have more fun, and are more involved.

A good initial advance can win a game, reminds me of the slaughter of an opening game at the hrta birthday :D

Motosam wrote: »
    Theres always at least one answer like that :D

Best advice I got was never be afraid to move forward, that way you are in the thick of it, and have more fun, and are more involved.

A good initial advance can win a game, reminds me of the slaughter of an opening game at the hrta birthday :D

I'd 2nd that....always move forward. The worst that can happen is that you get hit with 500 bb's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

If you're paired with someone or put in a fire team try and actually operate as a team, cover different angles, and move as a unit (i.e covering fire and leap frogging from cover to cover) importantly, set a rally point every few pieces of cover so that if one of you gets killed you can rally with your team once you have respawned, if a team member gets killed try and stay within a reasonable distance of the rally point you have set so that regrouping is made easier.

A fire team operating as a unit is far more effective than a collection of lone wolves. Small unit tactics like this can really make the difference when assaulting a position, whether it be a frontal assault (they can't shoot all of us!) or the old suppressing fire/flank tactic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Look at platoon over and over again, and watch the tree lines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Thanks, and does anyone have any advice on good value sniper rifles? Are clones any good?

well l96. good value, silent and heavy. scope and bipod come with it, €170 of eirsoft.
    the only thing that lets it down is the sling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

JG bar10 or TM vsr10. There both light weight, accurate, reliable and have a good hopup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Dont get hit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

kinkstr wrote: »
    Look at platoon over and over again, and watch the tree lines.
    You may find Vtec lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

attack: one team finds good cover waits (fsg), while another team sneaks up on enemys flank, then the fsg opens up and the flanking team assaults,the fsg shifts fire so not to shoot the attcking team

defence: one team protects the asset (building etc.) and the other patrols around trieng to catch a flanking team and turn the attack around

ambush: most basic and usefull type is linear, find a good place to hide in a line then open up on the enemy when there in your killzone, if you have enough people you can have security.

counter ambush: fire 1 shot in direction of enemy get cover then react with alot of agression, or you can leap frog backwards (one team covers another moves)

no tactic is gonna meet the demands of all situations so no point in going into detail and there just recomendations. the best way to learn them is by doing them.

just my 2cents:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 awhite07

I am fairly new as well so does any one know how big the skirmish grounds are and is it good to get the gear 4 your first time:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

awhite07 wrote: »
    I am fairly new as well so does any one know how big the skirmish grounds are and is it good to get the gear 4 your first time:confused::confused::confused::confused:

different sites have different acreage, you dont have to have any gear for

your first time, not even an aeg, it can be rented :)

:cool::cool::cool:

Try before you buy its a common mistake ive seen before

You might not like it

Try before you buy its a common mistake ive seen before

You might not like it

Might not like airsoft???? That's blashemy! Of course (s)he'll like it.

As for the size of the sites, I'm only really familiar with HRTA. Not sure on the exact size, but it the size of 5-6football fields.

Might not like airsoft???? That's blashemy! Of course (s)he'll like it.

I suppose,
    airsoft is such a compelling sport once you hear about it you must play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Dam straight:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Avoid target fixation. I rarely ever see the people who shoot me because I'm too padlocked into my target.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

that'd be the old joints id say., ;)

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

vtec wrote: »
    best advice is, go play the game, get shot a few times, learn from them.,:D

theres no substicute for experience,. :)
    +1
    that is the best advice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

vtec wrote: »
    that'd be the old joints id say., ;)

:p

"When 900 years you reach. - Look as good you will not!"

Advertisement