Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need Othello tips.

Options
  • 31-03-2008 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Grr! This guy drives me insane.

I am having such a hard time learning this piece of work. Does anyone have any advice as to help me learn?

Or school is mainly focusing on characters (we've done Othello, Iago, Desdemona and Cassio)
    In a paragrah, is it just: a) point on character relating to question, b) quote, c) how it applies to the question?

I'm confused. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

What's the problem?

What my school does, which is generally very good, is we do out our own sort of catalogue of othello quotes.
    You take every scene in every Act and you discuss each character and present theme and note it with its quote.
    I have a kickass book of uselful quotes, and all the climatic points in the play.What's important is that you do it yourself, because you will def remember it.

Also, rent it out on DVD!
    it's not that bad, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

In a paragrah, is it just: a) point on character relating to question, b) quote, c) how it applies to the question?

I'm confused. :(

Yep, that sounds good. PQE - Point, Quote, Explain.

Advertisement