Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Practice Targets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Good find. I wouldn't go practicing head shots though, that would be a bad plan lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I just shoot drinks cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Shoot N Sees get my vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Your targets are nothing compared to mine ;)

http://www.zombietargets.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Bloody hell I seem to be experiencing target envy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

zero19 wrote: »
    Good find. I wouldn't go practicing head shots though, that would be a bad plan lol
    Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

sporting etiquette and safety dictates that headshots be avoided unless they are the only viable target.
    headshots are also harder to achieve and are in general bad shooting practise why bother going for a small target when hitting the large part achieves the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I just shoot drinks cans.

I just shoot other players. Not that I need practice or anything, it's just fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i just get a box, put a jumper or something in it and shoot the crap out of it, job done.,:)

although i think ill print out some of those zombie ones and stick them on the box.,lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Practice Targets/Newbies, it's all the same really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

well ill not be going for headshots when at any events, its more just for practicing accuracy id be using the target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Might print some of them for use in my mini range. I've cleared the attic of the house wich is quite long as its a bungalow. Got a 50% efficient catcher at the end. Good for winter days when you cant get to a skirmish site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Out of interest, what range are people zeroing their Airsoft devices at?

I'm finding my Airsoft pistol very accurate and consistent at 7mtrs. However I think this is a little too close unless for CQB where it would be ideal.

I'm curious to know what others have their zero set at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I made my own quick and dirty target using the cardboard box and packing foam (inside the box) that a hard disk came in. Sellotape/staple a paper target to the front of it and put something heavy inside it to stop it getting blown over. The packing foam will collect all the BBs you fire at it, rather than having them scattered all over the ground :)

I usually zero my longs at about 20, subs at about 15 and pistols at about 10. I take these as average engagement ranges for the units I use. Anything shorter or longer than that and I know my compensations from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thejem

good find for the links for the targets, zombie ones are cool. getting my sig p229 this week and can't wait to go shooting targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

I made a box out of mdf and lined it with foam. The front takes a sheet of A4 paper tacked on and there's a small well in the bottom to catch BBs.
    Print a pic of the ex wife, tack it up and blast away. Then again if I got some of the zombie targets and squint a bit it's not too different.

is it targets and cans which are the norm for people to shoot at in and around the house or is there some thing different out.

and i don't mean animals, not into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

To help quit smoking i shot the tip off my cigarettes each time i thought about having one. Helps with the aim too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Collect cardboard boxes whenever you can, make an X with a marker, professional targeting system done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

This beer company doesn't make Airsoft Targets but if it did, they would Probably be the best Targets in the World.

Put it on Full Auto people and dont spare the BB's, although might be better suited to Snipers.

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    To help quit smoking i shot the tip off my cigarettes each time i thought about having one. Helps with the aim too!

That's actually damn clever, it ticks all the boxes for habit replacement therapy. Plus it sounds bad ass to anyone who asks you how you quit.

Sevenie wrote: »
    This beer company doesn't make Airsoft Targets but if it did, they would Probably be the best Targets in the World.

Put it on Full Auto people and dont spare the BB's, although might be better suited to Snipers.

me myself i perfer this one, you get to shoot the team and a few hundred supporters!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

its a close call.... i suppose you could always have the 2 of 'em.

Problem solved.

any ideas for hanging targets or is everyone just pining them up on a post or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

thejem wrote: »
    any ideas for hanging targets or is everyone just pining them up on a post or something.

Selotape :D

original :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Menolias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Currently I'm using a suit case (opened of course!) with carboard taped over the front.

Just stick on a new peice of paper.

The odd soft drink can in the garden too. Missus going mad about the fired BB's rolling around the place so will have to make up a catcher for outside too.

The size of the target doesn't really matter. If you can accurately hit what you're aiming for then you're heading in the right direction.

Thanks for the reply on the zeroing ranges for the various devices. That's pretty sensible and I too know my hold overs for different ranges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement