Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

concrete quantity and ajs

• 31-03-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Good evening all!
    i have a problem working out the amount of concrete i need for my raft foundation i have it all dug out and have 2 and half inches of gravel wacked into it. the only head ache is trying to work out quantity of concrete.the sizes are as follows 22ft*16ft + 7ft*7ft. for this there will be a layer of a252 mesh on top of the gravel followed by a pour of concrete and half way through concrete pour i have been told to walk another layer of mesh into concrete which will be a393 mesh and then finish off pour of concrete to 3 inches above ground level, so altogether i need 8 inches of concrete for shed area.
    then just outside my back door was grass that i am finishing off with concrete which is 7ft * 8ft and it will be 4inches deep. I would appreciate if anyone would be able to calculate an estimated amount of concrete i might need.

Then problem number 2 i have 4 inch ubend pipe to go into slab for toilet in shed but where i link it to the aj there is no slot for it so is it possible to drill into it or should i buy a new aj and any ideas of prices on ajs.

sorry message is so long i would appreciate replies
    thanks john

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

1: 22 by 16 by (8/12) = 234 cu feet or 8.7 cuyds I divided by 27 ( 3 by 3 by 3)
    2: 7 by 7 by (8/12) = 32.7 cf or 1.2 cy

3; 7 by 8 by (4/12) = 18.6 or 0.69

So 10.6 cubic yards or 8 cu metres or 18.4 metric tonnes
    http://convert.web-max.ca/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tobinj6

thanks for your reply to that quantity as it is better to have enough then too little would u have any idea on the aj sewer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

tobinj6 wrote: »
    thanks for your reply to that quantity as it is better to have enough then too little would u have any idea on the aj sewer

My math is exact so I dont understand the enough/2little comment.
    You will prolly need to order more than the exact math calc

Cant advise on the aj as I would need to see the full set up and I dont want to advise on part info and leave u in the sh1t:)

Advertisement