Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

samsung phones?????????

• 31-03-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

thinking of upgrading to a samsung phone. have always been a nokia person so am slow to move away. any advice on the reliability or any info on samsung phones would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Really good phones. Had a d600 and a d900 prior to getting an iphone. Sliders are pretty sturdy, I never had any problems with either. Cameras were decent enough by mobile standards.

Design is class, just looks the part, although some of the cheaper models feel a bit light and plasticky.

Features are good, office document readers, A2DP streaming and plenty more I didnt use!

Any specific questions you want aswered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

thanks for advice massey. was looking at the G600 and the U600 today. any advice on those. which would you rec. you seem to know a bit about them. camera on the G is alot better i think. do you need it though??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I never fancied samsung phones - although some got pretty good reviews, and the fact that they built components for other brands speaks (maybe) for a certain degree of quality (the samsung made screen is the main redeemer of the q9h...), but last week I bought a pre-owned F700 after I had used someone else's and was impressed by the audio quality (I was actually after an ipod touch, but eventuall questioned the apple policies re. forcing other products upon you - such as itunes etc )... F700 is pretty decent despite vodafone slapping what has to be the worst firmware ever onto it!!! And I love the little touches: like a spare battery cover in the box, a decent pc suite, fantastic earphones (shame even nokia's n91!!!)...a generic headphone input socket in addition to the proprietory one (missed in some reviews, btw! You can use any earphones!)
    Not too impressed by samsung's website though - support and download section are sparse compared to nokia or SE...
    So...I won't dismiss samsung in the future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I moved to Samsung from Nokia myself, and later bought a second Samsung. Found them to be really high quality phones and, personally, consider them to be a lot better than Nokias now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I'm a bit of a nokia fan, esp'ly s60, but whats bugging me is that in all their high end models they now have gps... I'd like the option not to pay for... Oops, wrong thread.

Samsung had tv out before nokia, didnt they? Such a handy feature!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 teencitizen88

I had a D600 before I changed to Sony Ericsson, and as I've posted elsewhere, I want to change back to Samsung. Had no problems with sony one but got quite bored of it quickly. Really loved my Samsung. Great quality camera, nice little beeps and blings come from it too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

I have the G600 and great phone, no problems what so ever! Camera is pretty good to be honest and its classy looking too. U600 is not as great, quilty build is a little flimsy. If you going for either go for the G600, you wont be disappointed. Its my first samsung phone too and pretty happy with it.

Advertisement