Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into shape with the Summer Challenge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

thank cork girl !

Im back and my god did I eat and drink rings around myself ! Tommorrow is going to be my start date. Really looking forward to getting back on track.I have 7 weeks till my 2 week summer hols.

Goals for next 7 weeks:
    • Get rid of fat that i have gained while away this week
    • Get stronger on my squats / deadlift/ benching
    • Get more definition in my arms and abs
    I am gonna change my diet around again and see how I get on , workouts will also be changing still gonna do a 5 day split but change it around a bit aswell !

Will measure once a week and weigh once a month as weighing tends to become a little obsessive.

Food today:

9.00 Banana, Yogurt, seeds, strawberries & Apple

1.00 1 80g tin of tuna, 1 tbsp extra light mayo, 1 slice of low fat cheddar, light ceasar dressing, lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber , onion

4.00 1 slice of low fat cheddar and ryvita

6.30 Slender pro post workout

7.30 6 oz mince cooked with worchester sauce, 1 tbsp tomatoe puree, onion carrot, peppers, green beans

9.00 1 boiled egg

Gym tonight:

Bw warm up

Bench press: 20kg x 10 , 32.5kg x 4 sets of 6 reps

Squat: 20kg x 10 , 45kg x 4 sets of 8 ( will try and up the weight on this later in the week , trying to keep it deep though)

Deadlift: 50kg x 8, 50kg x 4, 50kg x 4, 50kg X 6

Wide grip lat pull down: 40kg x 8, 40kg x 5,35kg x 3, 40kg x 4, 35kg x 4, 40kg x 4, 35kg x 4

dips with assisted bands ( on a thinner band than before ) 3 sets of 8

hip and glute circuit / some core work

30sec x 8 at 16mph
    1 1/2 min easy @ 5km after each 30 sec.

Gym this morning :

FBI circuit x 4

30sec sprint @ 17
    60sec rest @ 5

D/B chest press 12.5kg x 10
    D/B split Squat 12.5kg x 10 each leg
    Plank hold for 1 min
    One arm D/B row 12.5kg x 10 each earm
    D/B step up x 10 holding 10kg d/b

30sec sprint @ 17
    60 sec rest @ 5

repeat x 4

Pull down rope x 3 sets of 10

Core work

Food :

7.00 : Banana pre workout

8.30: Slender pro post workout

9.30 Banana, Yogurt, seeds, strawberries, apple

1.00salad: 1 slice of low fat cheddar, 1 boiled egg ,1/2 tbsp extra light mayo, and 2 tbsp of low fat ceasar dressing, lettuce, tomatoe, onion,cucumber

4.00 Ryvita & 1 slice of low fat cheddar

6.00 cod fillet baked, with 100g gram wholgrain rice, rosted veg

9.00 handful of nuts & apple

Rest day today may get a walk in at some stage.

Food today:

9.00 Banana, yogurt , seeds ,strawberries, apple

1.00 1 56g tin of tuna, 1 tbsp extra light mayo, drizzle light ceasar dressing, lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, onion

4.00 1 boiled egg

6.30 1 chicken breast , 2 baby potatoe, green beans, 1 small tin on WW baked beans

9.00 ryvita & 1 slice of low fat cheddar

• Advertisement

Food today:

9.00 Banan, yogurt, seeds, strawberries & Apple

1.00 2 slices of homemade brown bread , 1 boiled egg, mayo, lettuce ,tomatoe, onion

4.00 1 boiled egg

7.00 slender pro post workout

8.00 50 g wholewheat penne, 1 chicken breast, pepper, onions fried in tbsp olive oil

9.00 30g brazil nuts

Gym tonight will put up workout later
    Done my measurements monday after I got back from hols and couldnt believe the increase ! il put them up when I get home tonight.

Total bender this weekend , personal stuff going on so comfort eat and then with the weather and Bank hol it all went out the window !! Well I say all I did get to the gym friday and sat. WIll get back on track tommorrow dreading doing my measurment though.

Friday Workout:

Squat:

47.5kg x 3 sets of 8
    then dropped to 35kg till failure as low as possible managed 12 reps

deadlift:

45kg x 3 sets x8
    Bench:

32.5kg x 4 sets of 6
    then dropped to 25kg - till failure managed 15 reps

Reverse grip lat pull down:

45kg x 5 quickly dropped to 40kg x 3 - 3 sets
    could only manage 5 @45kg with correct form

dips with assistance band:

4 sets of 8

20mins inteval on treadmill

Sat Gym:

30 mins dynamic run , 30 mins of a conditioning class a friend was teaching ended up having to leave a done something to my back , its still a tad sore. Hopefully it wont interfer with my workout tommorrow !

Well done my measurements this morning:

Waist : 25.5
    Hips: 32.5
    Top of leg: 22.5
    thigh: 21.5
    knee: 16
    chest: 33

Food Today:

8.00: Banana, Yogurt, seeds, grapes

12:00: 2 slices of brown bread, 2 scrambled egg

4.00: apple

7.00 6 oz lean mince, 3 baby potatoe

Didnt get to the gym yesterday back has been acting up since saturday. Got up there this morning for FBi circuit. Couldnt do my chest press sharp pain in between my shoulder blade !! Dont know what this is. Went to chemist and she said that all I can do is rest and take nurofen and keep putting the voltural on it ! Hope it gets better soon ! :mad:

Anyway done my FBI circuit this morning was sweating like a pig after it ! Also weighed myself and was relieved and also dissapointed that I have put on 3lb so I am back to 10 stone !! I bloody hate the weight !! I have 7lb to loose by my hols and I am determined to loose it ! I have my bday next week and a wedding this month so I hope they dont interfer to much with it.

So 9stone 7lbs is my goal . I think that is managable in 5 weeks. Even if I can get near to it thats the main thing. Had a blow out at the weekend. But got back on track yesterday !

Food today:

7.00 Banana - Post workout

9.00 slender pro

9.30 Banana, Yogurt ,seeds, strawberries

1.00 56g of tuna, 1 tsp of extra light mayo, drizzle of light ceasar salad, 1 slice of low fat cheddar, lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, tomatoe , onion

4.00 Ryvita and 1 slice of low fat cheddar

6.30 1 chicken breast, 50g wholemeal penne, pepper & onion fried in olive oil & italian chilli sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Hope your back gets better, don't over do it - give it the time it needs to repair itself in case it gets any worse. Def see a physio or doctor if it is still bothering you in a few days. Just in case! You'd be very cross if you couldn't do your gym trips for the summer!! Feel better soon ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks cork girl ! Bit of a bummer but I know I do need to rest it at the moment ! so benching is out and maybe lat pull downs ! il see how they feel tonight though. Enjoy Germany. :D

Food today:

9.00 Banana, Yogurt, seeds, strawberries

10.00 Pinapple

1.00 56g of tuna, 1 slice of low fat cheese, 1 tsp light mayo, drizzle of ceasar dressing, lettuce, tomatoe cucumber, onion

4.00 Ryvita & 1 slice of low fat cheese

7.00 Slender pro post workout

8.00 1 chicken breast, 3 baby potatoe, green beans, petite pois

Gym tonight was ok,but tried to bench and couldnt , tred to do dips and I couldnt and also tried to do lat pull down and couldnt !! so couldnt do anything on my back !!

Bodyweight warm up
    Squat:

20kg x 10 , 47.5kg x 4 sets of 8

Lunge

45kg x 4 sets of 8

Deadlift

47.5kg x 8, 47.5kg x 8, 47.5kg x 5, 47.5kg x 3

Adductor 40kg x 3 sets of 12/ Abductor 45kg x 3 sets of 12

Barbell upright row:

15kg - 3 sets of 8

Hip and glute circuit

8 x 30 sec sprint @ 17.3kmh
    1min 30 sec rest between sprint

Woke up this morning and back is Fecked !! So have made appointment with sport therapist who I went to about my ligaments a couple of months ago ! Nightmare. fingers crossed its not too serious !

Food today:

9.00 Banaa, Yogurt , Seeds, Strawberries

1.00 2 Slices of brown bread, 40g tuna, 1 bsp mayo, 1 tbsp relish, tomatoe, onion, cucumber, lettuce & Apple

4.00 1 Boiled egg

7.00 1 chicken breast, 3 baby potatoe, green beans, brocolli

9.00 30 g mixed nuts

Gym got a miss tonight, went to sports therapist and seems like i have pulled muscle which has spasmed so she just massaged and said to rest it a couple of day and should be fine by monday !! Il get the workout that i missed today in on sunday instead !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

lindak wrote: »

Gym got a miss tonight, went to sports therapist and seems like i have pulled muscle which has spasmed so she just massaged and said to rest it a couple of day and should be fine by monday !! Il get the workout that i missed today in on sunday instead !

Good to hear it's nothing *too* serious, at least you won't be out of action for that long!!

Thanks Malteaser ! Ye, just will take time to repair ! Im not the most patient person in the world but I will give it till monday and see if I can lift again by then !

Back this morning felt a good bit better still very tender. Just done some cardio this morning. Have decided to cut my cals to 1500 per day. And see how I get on for a week or so.

Gym this morning : 30 mins Dynamic run

Food Today:

7.00 Banana & small handful of almonds

9.00 Strawberries, Yogurt, Seeds

1.00 2 Slices of brown bread, with chichken breast, 1 slice of lowfat cheese, tomatoe, onion, Lettuce and 1 tbsp light mayo

4.00 1 medium boiled egg

6.30 6 oz extra lean mince, friend with drizzle of olive oil, worchester sauce, tomatoe puree, chilli, 1 carrot, red & green peppers ,2 baby potatoe

Gym this morning and done FBI circuit. Back still no back to itself ! could do any back work ! Its getting quite frustrating now ! Will give it till monday and see how it is then may have to go back to sports therapist !

Had my weekly treat today. Had solero and had a BBQ so had some sausages and burger for dinner!

Gym this morning and done FBI circuit. Back still not back to itself ! could do any back work ! Its getting quite frustrating now ! Will give it till monday and see how it is then may have to go back to sports therapist !

Had my weekly treat today. Had solero and had a BBQ so had some sausages and burger for dinner!

Gym yesterday and back still not right !

Squat 20kg x 10 , 47.5kg ( 3 sets x 8 )

Deadlift : 45kg ( 3 sets x 8) Gonna try and up the weight from this week

Reverse lat pull down ( just went easy because of my back , just testing what I could actually do ) 30kg x 15 , 35kg x 12 , 35kg x 12

Seated pull row ( just went easy, this weight was easy enough ) 20kg x 3 sets x 10

Barbell upright row 12.5kg x 4 sets x 10

20 mins HIIT

Starting to get really frustrated I cant do dips , and bench. Afraid I am gonna loose the bit of strenght I had in my bench as I had only started to get stronger !! Going back to sports therapist tommorrow see if she can do anything for me !

Food today:

9.00 Banana, Yogurt, seeds, strawberries

1.00 1 56g tuna, 1 slice low fat cheese, drizzle of low far ceasar, lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, onion

4.00 1 ryvita & 1 slice of low fat cheese

7.30 6oz mince , carrot, onion , peppers, worchester sauce, tomatoe puree, petite pois

Gym tonight : Dynamic run

Took measurement this morning , there are some changes for the good , will put them up this evening when I get home !

Gym this morning and done FBI circuit !

60 sec sprint @ 16.5kmh

60 sec rest

10kg D/b Shoulder press x 10 ( cant chest press so changed)
    12.5kg split squat x 10each leg
    45sec isolated plank
    12.5kg one arm d/b row x 10 each arm( gonna increase this when back gets bit better)
    10kg step up x 10 each leg

60 sec sprint

90 sec rest

Done 4 circuits

Rope pull downs : 10kg x 3 sets of 10 ( back was feeling it a bit so kept weight light enough )

Tried to see if I could press anything , got the 10kg bar and was sore but managed 3 sets of 10 , there is no way I can bench 32.5kg at the moment ! Going mad, Hope this gets better soon as I reckon when I do eventually get back to it my strenght will have reduced drastically. Should seems to be clicking aswell now ! Of the sports therapist today so fingers crossed !

Food :

7.00 : Apple pre gym

9.00 Slender pro post gym

9.30 Banana, yogurt , seeds, strawberries

1.00 2 medium boiled egg, 1 slice low fat cheddar, lettuce , tomatoe, cumcumber , onion, drizzle low fat ceasar dressing

4.00 1 ryvita & 1 slice of low fat cheese

6.30 6 oz round steak mince, onion, carrot, peppers, petite pois, and brocoli

7.00 30 g mixed nuts

Forgot to put measurement from monday 9/6/08 up :

Thigh : 22 - Same
    Chest : 33 - same
    Waist : 25 (-.5)
    Hips : 32 (1.5)
    Top of leg : 22 ( -1)
    Knee - 16 - same

Doing good at the moment with the 1500 cals havnet felt hungry at all ! Starving myself was something that I wasnt prepared to do. Measurement have dropped since first week which I am happy with. Wont weight myself this week. Its my bday tommorrow so there will be some bday cake tommorrow and some drink on fri, so gonna try and get 1 more session in the week to compensate!

Went to sports therapist today as my back has not got any better in the last couple of days. Have to give benching and dips and anything that aggrevates it a miss for a couple more days ! Cracking up with this but there is nothing I can do about it !

Going to the gym in the morning will put up workout then !

• Advertisement

Gym this morning !

Squat: 20kg x 10, 47.5kg x 4 sets x 8

Deadlift: 47.5kg x 8, 47.5kg x 8, 47.5kg x 7

Reverse lat pull down: ( cant do wide grip with back at the moment) : 35kg x 4 sets x 8 still going easy on this as back still not great

Incline chest press : 10kg 3 sets x 10 _ cant flat bench at the moment so this seemed to be ok didnt push myself too hard

Bench dips: ( with feet up on other bench ) 3 sets x 10, 10, 8 still cant dip on stand but seem to able this way!

Kickback: 6kg 3 sets x 10 each arm

20 Min HIIT

Back still wont allow me to do wide grip pull down , bench press, dips ! So just have to stick with other excercises for the time being ! Will give it till monday and then I will try and get back into benching again ! Fingers crossed its better by then that will be over 2 weeks !

Also noticed this morning I have a 2 pac ! Is that possible started to really notice some definition in my abs !

Food today was ok until the bday cake I just scoffed but what can I do !

Fri & sat I will be out so there will be alcohol and food ! Im gonna train 6 times this week instead of 5 to try and compensate for this !

4 weeks to my hols

Gym yesterday : 30min dynamic run

Food yesterday :

9.00 Banana, Yogurt , seeds ,strawberries

1.00 Bread, egg, mayo, lettuce , tomatoe , onion & apple

4.00 Ryvita & 1 slice of low fat cheddar

7.30 2 medium egg omlette, 1 slice of low fat cheddar & banana

Gym this morning :

FBI Circuit :

Had to change around a but because of my back

Proformend circuit x 4

60 sec sprint

60 sec rest

10kg shoulder press x 12
    12.5kg split squat x 10 each leg
    isolated plank hold for 40sec
    15kg upright row x 10
    10kg reverse lunge

60sec sprint
    90 sec rest between circuits

Food today:

7.00 Banana

9.30 Banana, Yogurt, Seeds, Strawberries, & Apple

1.00 2 Bread, egg ,mayo , lettuce, tomatoe onion, cucumber

4.00 Ryvita & 1 Slice low fat cheddar

7.00 2 egg omlette & 1 slice of low fat cheddar

This weekend will be impossible to stick to my food routine ! Im going out tonight for my bday and then tommorrow night going out for a meal ! Il try my best to eat as healthy as possible !

Friday and sat were all over the place with regard to my diet. got back on track yesterday, went for a 30 min run along the beach and diet was ok aswell !

3 weeks to my hols so I seriously need to get a move on ! Havent weighed myself in the last couple of weeks may do tommorrow morning ! Measurment were taken this morning and there is some small changes also.

Food today:

9.00 Banana, Yogurt ,seeds ,strawberries

1.00 2 boiled egg, 1 slice of low fat cheese, lettuce , tomatoe , cucumber, onion, tomatoe, & Apple

4.00 1 Ryvita & 1 slice of low fat cheese

7.00 Slender pro

8.00 1 chicken breast, with stir fry veg with soy sauce

30 min walk into work and 30 min walk home

Gym tonight will put up workout later along with measurements !

Got to the gym this evening and managed to do some bench, dips and wide grip lat pull down. Was still a bit tender but just went easy on myself until it gets back to normal !

BW warm up

Squat :
    20kg x 10, 50kg x 5 sets of 5 , 40kg x 12

Deadlift:
    50kg x 6 , 50 kg x 6 , 50 kg x 6

Wide grip lat pull down : (Took it easy )
    35kg x 4 sets of 8

Bench Press: (Took it easy )
    20kg x 15, 25kg x 12, 25kg x 8, 25kg x 8

Dips assisted with band:
    3 sets of 6

30 sec sprint @ 17.5 incline 2 x 6
    90 sec rest @ 5 incline 2

Forgot to put measurement up last night , will do so tonight.

Gym this morning:

BW warmup

FBI Circuit 35min

Was able to chest press this morning ,still tender but getting there !

Food today:

7.00 : Banana - pre gym

9.00 - Slender Pro - post workout

9.30 Banana, yogurt , seeds, strawberries

1.00 56g tuna , 1 tbsp extra light mayo, 2 slice wholemeal bread, onion, tomatoe , cucumber & Apple

4.00 1 slice of fat cheddar , 1 ryvita

6.30 Chicken breast, 3 baby potatoe, brocoli & carrots & Apple

Gym this morning , 30 min dynamic run.

Food today:

7.00 Banana

9.00 Banana, Yogurt , seeds, strawberries & Apple

1.00 2 Slices of wholemeal bread, 56g tuna, 1 tbsp extra light mayo, onion, tomatoe , cucumber

4.00 1 medium boiled egg

6.30 6 oz extra lean round steak mince, carrots, peppers, onions, worchester sauce, tomatoe puree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 dymondz

Hi Linda
    Just reading your log, impressive workouts but i notice your diet everyday never changes! Its mostly the same food everyday....does this not get boring for you?

Hi , Well i swap between a couple of differnet things. No havent got bored yet. You see its all about quickness for me because I get to the gym after work most evenings and just want to get home a cook something quick !

Gym Tonight will put up workout tonight , also still have to put monday's measurements up keep forgetting!

Gym :

Bw Warm Up

Bench Press:
    20kg x 10 , 30kg x 6, 30kg x6 , 30kg x 5 , 25kg ( to failure) x 15

Reverse lat pull down:
    35kg x 4 x8

Squat:
    20kg x 10, 50kg x 8, 50kg x 8 , 50kg x8 35kg ( to failure) x 15

Deadlift:
    50kg x 6 , 50kg x 2, 50k x 8 , 50kg x 6

Dips with band:
    3 sets of 8

Hip & glute circuit

20 mins Hiit

• Advertisement

FBI Circuit this morning ( 40mins) ! Feeling clothes a bit looser on me over the last couple of days ? Will weight myself next tuesday morning and do measurement on monday morning !

Advertisement