Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Audio

Options
  • 31-03-2008 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Was in a house at the weekend which had a home automation system with audio throughout. Typically, 2 speakers integrated in ceiling in majority of rooms, sounded amazing until i contacted a home automation who suggested a cost of 8k for it but maybe 5k fr a basic system.
    Is there a more cost saving method out there?
    Thanks,
    Pete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Its a fad and will pass.

Spend your money on a holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

All I will say is pete if you are going to the extent of having all the wiring chanelled and speakers flush in the wall/ceiling then I wouldnt cut corners getting a cheaper alternaltive......would be expensive to fix if faults occur so I would choose quality (and generally a premium price ) for at least these components in your system...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Oilrig wrote: »
    Its a fad and will pass.

Spend your money on a holiday.

Totally agree with oilrig...

I was in a neighbours house recently and he spent €9k on a system for audio/automation in each room!

Im going to the US with my family this year.... Pat (my neighbour with the 9K system), is going to Tramore!

Spend your money wisely... if you do want to proceed with something like that, there must be a wireless alternative?

Advertisement