Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MITB Winner?? (Wrestlemania Spoilers)

• 31-03-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok Guys,

Having not watched WWE in a while up until last night with WM24, delighted to see CM Punk win the MITB. Is he actually going to get a push now on RAW, or has been pushed more lately?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Try and watch out for spoilers, a lot of people wouldn't have seen Wrestlemania yet. I edited the thread title

He hasn't really been pushed more lately. He's had a few matches on Raw and Smackdown and he wrestled Edge recently too, but that's about it. He may get a push on Raw or Smackdown (he's hardly going to use his title shot for the ECW title) or he might just lose his shot to someone else

Edited it again, "CM Punk? (Wrestlemania Spoilers)" was kinda giving it away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I've read that punk is in line for a big push after Mania. Apparently Vince thinks his legit straight edge lifestyle will be good publicity for the company in these days of bad press post Benoit.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I've read that punk is in line for a big push after Mania. Apparently Vince thinks his legit straight edge lifestyle will be good publicity for the company in these days of bad press post Benoit.

Yeah, he's done a lot of media work actually. I guess there's no chance of a heel turn for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I can see a Punk/Orton feud down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I think he is a good substitute for jeff hardy as punk would get over with pretty the same fans as jeff. He still deserved it but He could use this opportunity to be pushed out of ECW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Fozzy wrote: »
    Try and watch out for spoilers, a lot of people wouldn't have seen Wrestlemania yet. I edited the thread title

He hasn't really been pushed more lately. He's had a few matches on Raw and Smackdown and he wrestled Edge recently too, but that's about it. He may get a push on Raw or Smackdown (he's hardly going to use his title shot for the ECW title) or he might just lose his shot to someone else
    My Bad Fozzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

What was up with his loss on Raw? Strange considering he won MIB. Could be a start of something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Jericho needs to go heel.. a feud with someone like punk could be entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

DSCF1226.jpg?t=1207172960

DSCF1230.jpg?t=1207173072

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

cool pics man.. were you at wm?

Dean820 wrote: »
    What was up with his loss on Raw? Strange considering he won MIB. Could be a start of something.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Nobody would have expected him to win that match one week before and all that happened in the meantime was that he climbed a ladder before six other guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

DRakE wrote: »
    cool pics man.. were you at wm?

Indeed I was it was so good

Something about this pic gave me a hint he might take it

DSCF1209.jpg?t=1207175579

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Dean820 wrote: »

I think it was just a case of Y2J saving some face after losing at his WM return.
    No real shame for Punk losing to someone like him either, plus he's still got the briefcase intact, so like Errol Brown said - everyone's a winner baby :)

The thing I’d be worried about, as a CM Punk fan, is a gut feeling that he'll actually fail in his title shot. JR or the King mentioned on Raw that every MITB winner has gone on to win a belt (Except Mr. Kennedy of course, you blew it sunshine), so WWE may not want people to think it's a forgone conclusion that grabbing the briefcase is effectively the same as grabbing a world title, same way some Rumble winners haven’t always won at WM.
    Just a hunch I have anyway

Advertisement