Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Mambo

Options
  • 31-03-2008 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hey

I was wondering could anyone help me. Ive installed mambo but when I log in I get a number of error messages (see image). I can login ok but when i click a link it goes back to the login page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am completely new to this.

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It looks like the sessions directory that has been configured (/home/gtwtkit/sessions/) doesn't exist. If it can't write the session files then it can't track logins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

As your new to this programme and this is a new install, I'd re-install mambo again but better to delete the old version first, as trying to fix that problem could take for ever.

Or even better still if you install joomla 1.0 it's the same programme but different name or more user friendly Joomla 1.5 where they have a very good support forum and install instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

guys thanks for the replies this is after my re-install of mambo and the same thing happened with joomla when I installed that in between mambos. The sessions folder is created and empty in the root directory........

If /home/gtwtkit/sessions/ exists then the web server user probably doesn't have access to it. What user does the web server run the PHP scripts as? This user will need to have full access to the sessions directory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

ok I kind of understand your question but will answer as best I can. There is one user on the SLQdatabase "gtvwtkik_admin" which is "gtvwtkik_admin" which has full access. The permissions on the sessions folder are set to 777.....

• Advertisement

The user I mean is the one the PHP processes run as. With PHP you can have multiple different setups - with mod_php the scripts will run as the apache/www-data/httpd user but with suexec or suphp the scripts will run as the user who owns the script (presumably gtwtkit in your case). If it's the system-wide user then it needs to have access to the sessions directory and all directories above it.

Based on the error message it looks like your session save path has been set and it's just a case of the script having no access.

Advertisement