Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Advice

• 31-03-2008 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm looking to do some travel early next year i've never been outside the country before so there are a few places I really want to see, im 22 male and will be traveling alone and im just looking for some guidelines/advice on where to start my planning and dont know where else to ask.

at the moment my plan is the following -

Travel 2009 -

Taiwan February 1st to February 28th
    Japan March 1st to March 30th
    China – April 1st – May 9th
    Thailand – May 10th – May 28st
    New Zealand May 29th – June 30th

I realise i'm very vague at the moment but am just starting to plan this now, so any advice is appreciated. I've looked at the map and decided the above is where i'd like to visit and then researched the best time to visit the countries/when would be a good time for me to visit to see what i want to see in that country hence the order of the above dates,

Now I need advice to work out the cost of the expect trip, hostels all the way of course!

advice on how best to book the flights as well.
    is the above a realistic plan to visit each country?

Would i need to get any medical injections for traveling to any of the above?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Hi there,
    I can't really comment on some of your countries, but there is a thread on visiting China here. It's a huge country, but internal flights when booked from within the country are dirt cheap (www.elong.com) - it'll be a great time of year to visit - great weather, very safe, and fabulous food! Trains are also the way to go, slightly cheaper than a flight, a soft sleeper carriage is a great way to spend a 16 hour train trip! Oh and there'll be plenty of them!

By the way, I spent 7 weeks in China and spent 1100 euro - incl all flights, trains, 3 meals a day, and accommodation in nice hostels or guesthouses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

Have you reallly thought this through? Your flights alone would set you back several thousand euro for your intended flight times. Long haul international flights rarely come cheap, especially when travelling to the far east. Try rethinking your first travel expedition to stay within Europe where you can get from one country to the next on busses and trains or cheap flights. Consider going further afield when you've survived that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Well booking through Trailfinders, he should get all those flights for less than 2000 euro. What's your total budget IrishMale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

derek27 wrote: »
    Have you reallly thought this through? Your flights alone would set you back several thousand euro for your intended flight times. Long haul international flights rarely come cheap, especially when travelling to the far east. Try rethinking your first travel expedition to stay within Europe where you can get from one country to the next on busses and trains or cheap flights. Consider going further afield when you've survived that.

he might only ever dreamed of travelling asia and sure if he has the money why not? god im jealous that you're travelling for so long. hopefully i'l be able to get to do a 6mth trip in the next 3 years. im quite happy with my summer plans at the mo though! :D

Advertisement