Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing from USA

Options
  • 31-03-2008 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Is it true that you don't need any certification to import magazines from the States?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

That is true. I have done so myself as have several of my friends. A lot of retailers seem to be more and more reluctant to ship outside the US though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

trevcon wrote: »
    import magazines from the States?

Well if you find someone (supplier) who will send to Ireland please let me know, please!

Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

I thought US Fedral law prevented all retailers from shipping outside the states?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭jawlie

monksavage wrote: »
    I thought US Fedral law prevented all retailers from shipping outside the states?

My understanding of that federal Law prevents US arms retailers from shipping outside without an end user certificate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

trevcon wrote: »
    Is it true that you don't need any certification to import magazines from the States?

Correct Trevvon. I get my guns & ammo on a regualr basis with no trouble (sorry couldn't resist):D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

packas wrote: »
    Correct Trevvon. I get my guns & ammo on a regualr basis with no trouble (sorry couldn't resist):D:D:D:D:D

Could you PM me were you get them from?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Probably Easons....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry Sorry......I know what you meant. I find if you phone the US Suppliers and have a chat, they sometimes agree to ship to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have had magazines sent to me before by regular mail. They describe them for customs as "metal holders". ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerri

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I have had magazines sent to me before by regular mail. They describe them for customs as "metal holders". ;)

Hey ,why don't we ALL post the words used to describe parts and magazines that we import from the US to make it easier for C&E to spot them while trawling through all the mail coming in from abroad, much easier for them than having to do random selections hoping to find something that is illegal or requires an import licence. We could have a one stop shop for C&E, all they would have to do is read some of the posts on this site. Well done Bond, you really thought that one out before posting.

Incidentally, Firearms Act classes magazines as a firearm and therefore an import permit is required. If in doubt,check with DoJ, I have seen documentary proof that this is the case so please if you think this is ridicilous please contact your local TD and lobby to have it changed, no point posting here saying you disagree as that is how it is at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Gerri.
    You ALREADY have the import liscense from the USA,by possessing the Irish firearms cert for the gun in question... The US does not recognise the mag as a registerable firearm component[That is just the reciver of a gun].The US is outside the EU juristiction[Thank God].

So the only thing the USA will want to see in paperwork from us is a certified copy of our liscense for export purposes. The DOJ DOES NOT issue import liscenses or require any from the US. AS IT IS OUTSIDE THE EU juristiction.The DOJ is satisified that if you are legally entitled to posses the firearm here and have the liscense for it ,you can import it and whatever parts you want for it as well. It's logical,you are liscensed here to own a firearm,therefore you are liscensed to have component parts for it as well.
    If you are buying from the EU.THAT is proably a different story...

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Also a totally different story when the firearms dealer is buying from the US. Pretty obvious, but just thought I'm mention it in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 trevcon

Grizzly posted a contact in the US, www.etssincusa.com. I e-mailed them looking for mags for a buckmark after failing to source any here. They quoted $28 each and $15 total for p+p.

Advertisement