Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless TV Link

• 31-03-2008 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Not really the best forum but I don't see a general forum so...

Im looking for a wireless device to place downstairs that brodcasts the NTL (not digital) channels upstairs to two separate TVs. Anyone have a link to where I can purchase such a system.?

Thanks!!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

I have a Philips wireless TV transmitter link with two receivers. From memory I think I bought it on Amazon. Works pretty well but from time to time is subject to interference and seems to depend on a number of factors to get a perfect picture. Solid walls, ceilings/floors can break the signal down somewhat and we've also found our wireless broadband and microwave interferes with the signal too.

The link allows up to four feeds to be transmitted so we have the TV, DVD player and used to have the video hooked up. Overall relatively happy with the purchase but bear in mind you can't watch two different programmes off the same feed.

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Caribs wrote: »
    I have a Philips wireless TV transmitter link with two receivers. From memory I think I bought it on Amazon. Works pretty well but from time to time is subject to interference and seems to depend on a number of factors to get a perfect picture. Solid walls, ceilings/floors can break the signal down somewhat and we've also found our wireless broadband and microwave interferes with the signal too.

The link allows up to four feeds to be transmitted so we have the TV, DVD player and used to have the video hooked up. Overall relatively happy with the purchase but bear in mind you can't watch two different programmes off the same feed.

Hope that helps

Are you saying that if there is only one feed used for say NTL channel that both receivers have to watch the same channel? But I thought it would transmit the whole spectrum? Is the way around this to use a separte feed for each receiver?

You don't have a link handy? Thanks for your help btw

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Are you saying that if there is only one feed used for say NTL channel that both receivers have to watch the same channel? But I thought it would transmit the whole spectrum? Is the way around this to use a separte feed for each receiver?

You don't have a link handy? Thanks for your help btw
    Yes, it outputs one AV channel, usually via Scart.

What you seem to be suggesting is something that would transmit the whole UHF or VHF band, which would be illegal, particularly as you'd be rebroadcasting NTL's cable system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

byte wrote: »
    Yes, it outputs one AV channel, usually via Scart.

What you seem to be suggesting is something that would transmit the whole UHF or VHF band, which would be illegal, particularly as you'd be rebroadcasting NTL's cable system.

If its over license except frequencies Im sure it isn't but it may contradict copyright. It just may not be very possible to do or very expensive.

I can see what you mean though.

It doesn't look like there is a solution out there for what Im looking for :(

Thanks anyway:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Hi All,

Does anyone have a link to a product that does this? I'm having issues googling the product I actually need - I just need something that can plug into a basic tv point in one room, and plug into a tv in a room across the hall and allow basic cable channel flicking :).

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement