Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Stove to Put in.

Options
  • 31-03-2008 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I presently heat my house with a Stanley 80 solid fuel cooker and a Fiberbird Oil Boiler.The cooker is lit in the evening and heats the water and 4-5 rads.The Firebird comes on at7-8 in the morning and more often if weather is cold.I am thinking of replacing the cooker with a stove and am unsure what type to put in,oil or solid fuel.The Firebird will be retained.
    I am told that to heat radiators the stove needs to run very high and can be very severe on oil.Also there is the question of availability of oil,cost etc.On the other hand the solid fuel stove can be messy with ashes etc which is one of the reasons why the cooker is being replaced.I currently use about 1000 litres of kerosene per anumn(€700) and a bale of briquettes per day (€1000 per anumn)
    Any suggestions what tyoe of stove to put in?

Advertisement