Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

airlock in water.

• 31-03-2008 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi I am just testing out my newly bought second hand camper and find that the water to the sink is not coming through. The pump is running but just drops coming through. I think it may be airlocked. Any ideas how to free this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Do all the other taps work? (if you have other taps) ..if so, check for leaks on the plumbing to the kitchen tap.

Can you access the pump? If it is a submersible pump (inside the tank) it might benefit from a bit of shaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

My water supply doesn't have a submersible pump and if I havn't used the tap for a few days the water won't run, To fix it I just open the tap turn on the pump and suck till it does flow. voila! not the most hygenic but what the heck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

If it a Fiamma pump, possibly the Aqua 8, they should be self-priming. It's possible the diaphrams are bad and water aint getting through or leaking back down. Spares are available from Fiamma. They also have drawings of the pumps to give you an idea. Here's a link. Click on the Spare-parts to view drawing and components.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Which tap?
    Hot, cold?
    Is there an isolation valve under the sink?

Does the water come on in the shower, toilet & WHB?

I ended up buying an aqua 8 pump for €120. Simple replacement of the Fiamma model.
    To fix it I just open the tap turn on the pump and suck till it does flow

Sounds like your pump is starved?, check your inlet filter or the neck of the pump feed hose for narrowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thanks for your help all, I got the pump going through shaking, sucking ,etc. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement