Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wierdest thing your pets will eat.

Options
  • 31-03-2008 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

I caught my cat, Jessicat eating a salt and vinegar walkers crisp the other day. (She is just a little hunger! I don't think she even liked it) She also tries to eat the fish food!
    My king Charles Cara loves raw pasta but only spaghetti.
    My collie cross, Chang loves apple.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Have a look at the ingredients of the fish food and you'll see why the cat likes it :D

One of my cats like raw chilli peppers. Another one likes mashed potato. The dogs eat pelleted rabbit food and have been known to steal raw carrots from the rabbits bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭fits

My two dogs absolutely love chewing the corks from wine bottles. The tails start to wag as soon as I take the corkscrew out!

Alcos

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Isobelle (izzy) my pup will eat...

Pot Noodle.. chicken and mushroom or Chow Mein. not to mad on the beef one.

Curry chips and cheese.. only supermacs tho..

Coke.. not pepsi coke

Coffee.. doesnt like decaf.

Cigarettes.. unlit please... Silkcut blue preferred

Basically, she will eat anything put in front of her so i need to be careful where i put my stuff. I try to feed her good quality dog nuts - i find the tinned food gives her the runs...

Shes obsessed with food! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

hadook wrote: »
    Have a look at the ingredients of the fish food and you'll see why the cat likes it :D

She keeps knocking it off the top of the tank with her paws trying to break it open. Cats are so bold compared to dogs!
    hadook wrote: »
    One of my cats like raw chilli peppers. Another one likes mashed potato. The dogs eat pelleted rabbit food and have been known to steal raw carrots from the rabbits bowl.

And I thought my cat was a mad eater??:O Your cat eats chillies!!! Thats mental!!

fits wrote: »
    My two dogs absolutely love chewing the corks from wine bottles. The tails start to wag as soon as I take the corkscrew out!

Alcos

Thats the best excuse ever for cracking open a bottle of wine!!
    "Oh, it's not for me, It's really for the dogs!" :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

My sister had a Gerbil that ate about 2/3rds of its plastic exercise wheel in one night :)
    Brothers dog chewed and ate the saddle from his Honda 350 motorbike.

Bet that dog aint got no testicles now :D

LMAO, Thats one of those things thats so funny, that you can't even give out to them even if you catch them in the act. :D

Izzy chewed thru my remote and my surround sound speaker wire... all in one siting :mad:

..i cant be angry at her tho :o

snyper wrote: »
    Bet that dog aint got no testicles now :D
    Hadn't any to begin with, she was a bitch :D

• Advertisement

you'd want to watch that she might chew through an electric cable. I think it might be best if you do tell her off for that if you catch her doing it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

One of my dogs used to love to eat crayons.

Needless to say, this resulted in multicoloured 'packages' being left on our lawn

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    One of my dogs used to love to eat crayons.

Needless to say, this resulted in multicoloured 'packages' being left on our lawn

What a colourful little dog.

Ba boom..

No?

I'll get my coat.

Taxi!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭TFP

my lab puppy eats anything that comes within a few inches of his nose .. hopefully he will grow out of that soon .. but my dad's little terrier (RIP) used to love his veggies. My dad had quite an extensive veg patch in the garden and the terrier's favourite was digging up Radishes and spring onions for a mid afternoon snack !!

Brothers current Jack Russle chewed a lump out the passenger side seat belt in his Micra two years ago, It failed the DOE over it. He did it again a few months ago in the rear passenger seat of his Stilo, brother cut a foot off the belt so it wouldn't be noticed. He better not be carrying fat passengers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Had a cat when I was a kid and I caught her eating cabbage.

I've caught one of my (current) cats munching on a daddy long legs. She would also eat spicy stuff like curry, if we let her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Country-Bumpkin

My GSP loves any kind of vegetables...especially mushrooms. He'll sit in front of the fridge until u take one out as a treat for him. Other things he loves include chillis, limes, next door neighbours pigeons, the garden hose (we're on our 3rd one already) and underwear! Hes a crazy pup.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

my staffordshire lewis ate one of these:cool:
    patio_table.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

my boxer loves bananas and apples but goes beserk if he spots a frube...

a yoghurt in a tube....i opened it and he sits down and will squeeze it in between his paws and eat every drop!! :)

also has eaten wiring from back of car for ttrailer , seat off motorbike :eek: [my cousins bike] , net around trampoline

he has settled now thankfully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Oh, such fond memories of my beloved dog Scoops, we would give him a choice of drink...

Water, Wine or Whiskey. He always drank the wine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

One of my cats is awful, if she gets the chance, she will eat what I have for dinner. She dragged a bagel off a plate and ran with it and also ate some lettuce that fell out of my chicken wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

My dog loves raw potato. Not cooked and especially not mashed. Has to be raw. She also loves apples, but you have to hold it for her so she can eat it like we do.

She hates BBQ sauce. She runs away from it if you present it to her!

ergonomics wrote: »
    She also loves apples, but you have to hold it for her so she can eat it like we do.

Thats deadly. What a cool dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I know this is disgusting but my I've caught my dog eating cat poo! Just typing this makes me feel sick. Because of this I worm her regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

ergonomics wrote: »
    My dog loves raw potato. Not cooked and especially not mashed. Has to be raw. She also loves apples, but you have to hold it for her so she can eat it like we do.

She hates BBQ sauce. She runs away from it if you present it to her!
    Thats deadly. What a cool dog!

+1

Surely the easiest way to feed a dog!

mags16 wrote: »
    I know this is disgusting but my I've caught my dog eating cat poo! Just typing this makes me feel sick. Because of this I worm her regularly.

My mate, Orla's dog, Paco does this too. She was so disgusted that she brought him to the vet coz she thought he was mad. The vet said its normal though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

One of my cats likes spicy potato wedges (...and the reason I know this is that she robbed some off my plate when I went to get a glass of water..!)
    My other cat likes cheese and onion crisps, and will lick herself through the tub of butter if the lid is left off !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My cats hate the smell of alcohol. So I thought one night that I would be safe to leave my drink on the floor while I went to answer the phone. Came in ten mins later to find an almost empty glass with my lil girls head stuck in it. When she walked away she tripped - dunno if she was drunk or just got a fright after being caught "robbing" I know i shouldn't laugh but :D:D

(suppose it was partly my fault, it was a glass of bailys - creamy)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

My dog, shrek loves cream crackers. And the empty paper bun wrappers amongst other things. She has eaten the back seat belts in my car. 1 of them wasn't enough to fill her up but she had to have 2. She has eaten the head of my bobbing head dog in the car. She has eaten the wires under my dads van, that costed him 800 euro to fix. She has eaten a few phone chargers, and eaten half of the door on her kennel making herself a window in her kennel.

I had another dog a few years ago that ate nothing but soggy weetabix. Another dog once had guinness.

Advertisement