Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wierdest thing your pets will eat.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

My JRT eats oranges..... prefers easy peelers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

My dog eats rubber doorstops, 2 completely gone, no trace, thought I was going mad at first when i couldnt find them, went and bought a new ones and then I caught her pulling it from under the door and bringing it to her bed for a nice evening meal!!!! Also CD covers, doesnt touch the CD, just the cover basically anything rubber or plastic, totally weird :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

One of ours loves guinea pig poop, her favourite all time snack if she can get her paw on it. She waits right beside me waiting for me to drop some from the newspaper when throwing it away. At least it doesn't make her breath honk like fox poop she also loves to munch on wild rabbit poop as well bleah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gingy Fly

My larger snakes eat still born pigs & lambs when they are lucky however, their staple diet is jumbo rats & rabbits (frozen thawed and NOT live before people start jumping on me) I do not feed live prey to snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

we had 2 cats, one ate polo mints and the other ate popcorn, also had one that liked mashed spuds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Harley loves to get a whole mushroom, if you hand it to him wit the big bit towards you, he'll run around with it sticking out of his mouth like a soother.

Besides that, he'll eat anything, tablets, when needed, are administered using the highly scientific method of throwing them in the air and shouting "CATCH". He doesn't even stop to see what it is.

He begs at the chopping board and has tried every standard veggie going, he'll wait, his face will light up when you give it to him, he'll trot off to his bed and "explore" the new food.

He does not know what to do with sweet things, he got a malteaser once and threw it around like a tiny ball (he's a big boy so it looked so funny), it landed in my oh's tea.

Another time, we were camping and one of our friends dropped a marshmallow for him, Harley spent the evening rolling on the marshmallow, managed to get it all over his back, he smelled so sweet for days and it was as difficult as chewing gum to remove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Hi everyone... this is a good thread!
    My rat Eric loves gingernut biscuits....I give them to him the odd time as a treat and I love the way he holds them and the crunchy noise :) He gets so excited and will go for them no matter what else is in his bowl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

We had a cat once that was an addict for those little cheesy biscuits (Cheddars, I think they were called). You only had to eat one yourself when she was within a 5km range and she'd know, and would appear from nowhere and then sit at your feet miaouwing like crazy until you gave in and gave her a bit. More often than not she wouldn't finish it, and leave the soggy remains on the carpet though. I think she just liked licking the salt off them myself, seeing as she also had a thing for licking sweaty feet (yuck!).

Advertisement