Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL available in Maynooth area?

Options
  • 31-03-2008 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Okay so we have NTL/Chorus cable in our house but don't have BB with them.

Can anyone tell me if they are available and any use in Maynooth? If so, will be part of the speed upgrades/cap increases?

Also what are the penalties for going over their cap as it'd be shared with 4 people and one of the lads is torrent mad and I'm constantly online watching video's (streams). I also have Xbox Live and a Wii so it'll be used for those online too.

I read that NTL don't have a webpage where you can check your usage so I'm guessing they can't fine you since they don't notify you when you've hit your limit.

Oh and what's the upload/contention like and what is the price if you don't take digital TV? We have cable from them already, would we have to upgrade that or pay extra if we don't move to digital?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Parts of Maynooth have VOIP and BB, other parts are still fed from a chorus analogue headend so analogue cable is all you can get for the moment. It soon to be completely upgrade. What area are you in, You could PM me and I'll have a look tomorrow. If you have cartoon network and the racing channel your on the chorus analogue headend if I remember correctly.
    It will of course be part of the speed upgrade. Tell you mate to have a look into newsgroups. Torrent mess up the connection for everyone in your house so expect laggy online gaming. The 6meg connection soon to be be 12megs will have a 120gig cap so is that enough for you all?. They don't fine you for going over the cap but will let you know if you get carried away sending you out a letter.
    It doesn't make a difference if you have DTV the price will be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pattheman

Is Chorus/NTL available in the Clane area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

UPC bought the cable system in Clane if I remember correctly. Though I don't think they have change the setup of it yet

Advertisement