Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon or Toledo

Options
  • 31-03-2008 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Just been looking on Carzone. Saw a 2003 Seat Leon & a 2003 Toledo, both a virtually same price & mileage. Anyone have any views on these cars. Just wondering if anyone ever had problems or happy times with either model of these cars?

Thanks

Marky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

My brother has a 2001 Toledo thats served him well, no trouble at all, about 120,000 miles now i think, quite fast (150bhp), and very good fuel consumption. My brother-in-law has a 2005 LEON, again no trouble and quite fast (150bhp) and has better handing cause of the wider wheels. (not sure if this is on all models)

Both the above are 1.9 diesel however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

The 1.4 is a bit under powered, could you go to a 1.6 in the leon, very nice with the 16v version.

This would be a far better proposition, make sure the timing belt has been done, should be at this stage.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/SEAT/Leon/Signo-1.6/469809/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Always had a soft spot for that gen of Leon. So nearly bought one back in 01. Needs the 1.6 petrol or even the 1.9TDI though. That's what put me off - all the good s/h ones I saw were 1.4s (dangerously slow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

They aint bad i liked them, i would spend money on a leon over a golf as they are the same thing really, 1.4 is a bit pooh but depends what you can afford to run. They are known to leak a wee bit, think it is seals around the doors.

in your too adverts i would go for the leon as it looks cleaner i think. Other then that they are same car one with more boot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

I have an 01 Leon 1.9tdi and love it. Its quick, cheap to run, looks the business and comfy. I had to get a new horn, radiator and door handle put onto it, cost €350 but when I had to drive my sisters MK4 Golf for a week I couldnt wait to get back into my yoke. Only problem is rear space is poor although the boot is huge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd prefer the Leon generally, but if it was a choice between those 2 I'd take the Toledo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd image a Leon would be more desirable than a Toledo come selling time even though they are practically the same car.

Toledo like the Bora always tried unsuccessfully to be more than just a Leon/Golf with a boot

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

to be fair the Leon is the poor relation too! neither hold their value particularly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Had a 1.8 20v Toledo (01) for two years and couldn't complain, very comfortable, huge boot, quicke enough, and very economical, (up to 45.0 MPG) on country runs.

Only problem I had with it was the Air Flow meter (MAF) failed, however the local Seat dealer replaced it with a recon. unit very reasonably.

• Advertisement
Advertisement