Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

News just in that Metallica have split up.

• 01-04-2008 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

April FooL :D:D:D

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Links broken dude nothing on Metallica.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And at only 2 minutes past, too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Ah you gotta love this time of year, its a shame it only comes once!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wouldn't of been a great loss tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

lol. Sorry, forgot to put My funny hat on :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Would have been good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought the campaign to get them reunited was about to start. :p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Cremo wrote: »
    wouldn't of been a great loss tbh.

hush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

April FooL :D:D:D

:rolleyes: Nice try.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

jesus for that to happen would be like Chinese Democracy being released, it'll never happen!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Would anyone really care if they did split up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I've been missing them for almost 20 years. They should stop making music and stick to documentaries, Some Kind Of Lobster is one of the funniest music films ever made, up there with This Is Spinal Tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

:d:d:d

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It's only funny because of the Invisible Squid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Metallica died ~1986, who would honestly care if the broke up now?

Although no matter how much you can't stand them, you do have to admit they were class back in their day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

thats soooooo 1986

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It might have been funny if anyone cared.

no, it still wouldn't have been funny :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

This chap seems to have been posting a lot of those 'funny' threads all around boards last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Metallica died ~1986, who would honestly care if the broke up now?
    Agreed, most of their new stuff is total rubbish :).

Agreed, most of their new stuff is total rubbish :).

God, I hate these "posts". Just cos Metallica don't play at 180mph anymore doesn't make the music crap???? Granted, St Anger was a load of s***e, as was "ReLoad", but "Load" had some great songs on it......

<gets coat>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Just cos Metallica don't play at 180mph anymore doesn't make the music crap????

It doesn't make it good either.

Yes, there were a couple of decent songs on Load and Reload, but on the whole, they were not good albums.

God, I hate these "posts". Just cos Metallica don't play at 180mph anymore doesn't make the music crap???? Granted, St Anger was a load of s***e, as was "ReLoad", but "Load" had some great songs on it......<gets coat>
    I can enjoy them playing their old stuff as they would do at any concert but I have no interest in any of their later albums.

It doesn't make it good either.

Yes, there were a couple of decent songs on Load and Reload, but on the whole, they were not good albums.

Depends on opinion.......? I actually thought "Load" was a very good album. Some of the songs on that cd are among my favourite Metallica songs. Also, I actually haven't listened to their first 2 albums in years......I wish they would drop some of the regular songs from their set in favour of some of the more obscure tracks.........just to f**k with people's heads a little.
    :)

One exception to their "newer" albums would be Garage Inc, they do a kicking cover version of Skynyrd's Tuesdays Gone, Whiskey in the Jar and of course Sabbra Cadabra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

One exception to their "newer" albums would be Garage Inc, they do a kicking cover version of Skynyrd's Tuesdays Gone, Whiskey in the Jar and of course Sabbra Cadabra.

and so f*cking what!! :D

i really like their version of the seger song turn the page aswell, i am one of the big metallica fans that actually really liked garage inc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I actually like Load and Reload. St Anger was unforgivable though.

Advertisement