Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest staff member in UCD

Options
  • 01-04-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There is one lad in Arts services, black hair 25-26 who is dead sound, nicest and most helpful staff member I have ever met. Added advantage of being one of the few members of services who dosnt speak to you like you just ran over their cat.

He is just one of many but probably the one that sticks out the most cause i only ever go to services when im in dire need. There are many lecturers, AVC staff , Copi Print ladies , Arts Cafe staff who are all fantastic people and are never anything but helpful, chatty and plesant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

In no particular order: lots of the academic staff, including Dr Stuart Bund, Dr John Moynihan, Dr Amanda McCann, Dr Ann Breslin, Dr Koon Meng Chan. The Chinese (I think) girl who works in the student restaurant. Most of the Health science library staff, especially the guy who took €10 off my fine one time. The American girl in the Science shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Also, the blond barmaid at the Forum whose name may be Rachel or may be something else entirely (I've got a lousy memory for names) is delightful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

The Asian girl who works in the chipper place in the student centre, "THREE CHEESBURGERRRRS!" ahh what a woman!

Conway staff are generally quite nice and the American lady who works in the SU shop in the Science block is nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

the American lady who works in the SU shop in the Science block is nice too.

Without a doubt....she's amazing! She is the cheeriest person I have ever met....plus she throws out the compliments...:D

Everyone in the Health Science library aswell....particularly the curly haired, bearded guy...nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

CrazyPolly wrote: »
    plus she throws out the compliments...:D

:o Not to me she doesn't! Still she's always nice and cheery, brightens up the 9am starts.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The brown haired eastern european girl in Insomnia is lovely. Best of all though is Joan in the SU shop in Engineering - absolute legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 colliewobbs

Defo no one from the economics department on this thread

Forgot about the two ladies that used to work in the ET shop - where did they end up? I remember hearing they got jobs somewhere in Belfield but can't remember where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I dunno... what about that statistics lecturer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Aiveen McPartlin in the Arts programme office, she helped me loads, really friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Another mention for the American girl in science shop. Also, the girl in the pharmacy in the student center is really nice, as is the lady who works the till at lunchtime in the Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I'll go with the guy with the beard who runs the Sports Cafe.
    He has my tea ready by the time I get to the counter. Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Not entirely true. Moore McDowell and Prof. Rodney Thom are quite friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

Grimes wrote: »
    There is one lad in Arts services, black hair 25-26 who is dead sound, nicest and most helpful staff member I have ever met. Added advantage of being one of the few members of services who dosnt speak to you like you just ran over their cat.

He is just one of many but probably the one that sticks out the most cause i only ever go to services when im in dire need. There are many lecturers, AVC staff , Copi Print ladies , Arts Cafe staff who are all fantastic people and are never anything but helpful, chatty and plesant

is he tall with a slightly culchie accent? He is v. nice alright. Also the librarian on the desk in health sciences kinda nerdy looking bloke was REALLY helpful to me. Generally the librarians are pretty good I find.

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Not entirely true. Moore McDowell and Prof. Rodney Thom are quite friendly.

I think collie was referring to the hot eastern european bird who is the administrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 colliewobbs

I think collie was referring to the hot eastern european bird who is the administrator.

Thats exactly who i'm referring to.

Thats exactly who i'm referring to.

She's really nice aswell as being hot. A vast improvement on the last administrator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

redface.gif Not to me she doesn't! Still she's always nice and cheery, brightens up the 9am starts.

Guess she just has a soft spot for me! :D
    Forgot about the two ladies that used to work in the ET shop - where did they end up? I remember hearing they got jobs somewhere in Belfield but can't remember where.

Oh my god, they were so nice. I remember coming in as a fresh-faced, naive little first year to my first dissection and them being really nice to us all....I don't think they work in Belfield though. I was asking about the bone library a few weeks ago..that small guy who's in charge of the morgue, I think..Anyway, he was saying that when ET was closing she wanted to move to Belfield and keep the SU shop and bone library going but it never happened...Marie I think he said her name was. Pity....them bones were handy for studying
    Sorry, slightly off topic there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 archplanner

tribulus wrote: »
    the American lady who works in the SU shop in the Science block is nice too.

She's always trying to sell her muffin

CrazyPolly wrote: »
    Oh my god, they were so nice. I remember coming in as a fresh-faced, naive little first year to my first dissection and them being really nice to us all....I don't think they work in Belfield though. I was asking about the bone library a few weeks ago..that small guy who's in charge of the morgue, I think..Anyway, he was saying that when ET was closing she wanted to move to Belfield and keep the SU shop and bone library going but it never happened...Marie I think he said her name was. Pity....them bones were handy for studying
    Sorry, slightly off topic there...
    The bones are still there, they're done through the Kiosk now. I'm nearly certain I heard they were working in Belfield, haven't seen them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

There's a really nice woman who works in Special Collections in the Library. She's super friendly and helpful and even remembers me.

Advertisement