Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smod/Admins: Site ban please

Options
  • 01-04-2008 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

User hippo4sale. Trying to sell me a hippo via pm:
    hippo4sale wrote:
    Hi Bond-007,
    I has a brand new hippo for sale. Special price to you, €3000. You can look before you buy. If interested call me 086 8611889

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

€3k is a good price tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

rb_ie wrote: »
    €3k is a good price tbh.
    Hmm... I dunno. I wouldn't pay more than 2.8 If it was female, then the extra 200 would be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

What colour is it? if its one of those silver grey ones it will go with my new my new HiFi rack so I will take it at your asking price.

I hear they make good house pets, if you can keep them off the furniture, as they do not shed their hair like a dog/cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Can I have it? Is it a hungry hungry hippo though? Personally I only have room for a hungry one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Offer 2k , walk away if he won't take 2.6k....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

heard on the grapevine that a consignment of hippos was smuggled into the country illegally recently, if you are thinking of buying just make sure they've come from a reputable source. judging by the price they're offering it looks a bit dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Odds are it's a sheep in hippo's clothing..

.. i've been stung by that rouse before.

Also, a picnic table once tried to convince me it was made of beech.. where it obviously oak and pencil shavings. Crafty bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

basquille wrote: »

I think they call that a Freudian slip ... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

basquille wrote: »

Also, a picnic table once tried to convince me it was made of beech.. where it obviously oak and pencil shavings. Crafty bastards!
    saw a documentary about that on nationwide last week

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What the hell???? I tried selling my hippo on adverts the other day for 2.5k and I got banned for profiteering. This is bullshít.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

If anyone is interested, I have a giraffe on sale for the last few weeks. For around the 5k mark.

Special offer for boards members. I will cut the price to 2K and throw in a tree for good measure.

Its a reluctant sale, but new neighbours force the sale.

Viewing can be arranged, no need for directions. Make your way to artane and look up in air....

1 Lady owner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

What milage is on it and does it come with a saddle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Vexorg wrote: »
    What milage is on it and does it come with a saddle?

Only 90,000 Steps on the clock. No saddle, comes with a tree.

But since your a member, ill throw in some tacky stickers for free.

Advertisement