Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should I ban for???

Options
  • 01-04-2008 1:17am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This thread on laptops. The user is asking for advice on a mouse for his laptop. Now seeing as a desktop and a laptop can both use the same type of mouse this thread is grossly off topic and would be more suited to comp and tech. So how long should I ban the op for? 1 month? 2 months? more? Also how long should I ban art for as well?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A bit harsh don't you think? :pac: And the mouse is for his laptop so it's hardly off-topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

wait until he starts a thread in feedback asking to be reinstated

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well if you allow that one to stand you'll have an epidemic of them on your hands. 2 months minimum to make an example of him IMO. art is obviously a shill for those other sites, permaban ftw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ShaneU wrote: »
    A bit harsh don't you think? :pac:

Really? I was thinking of requesting a siteban but thought I would cut them some slack seeing as they are mods now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

All the more reason not to cut them any slack, they should know better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Indeed. Perma ban tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pfft... hasn't he got a trackball?!

Fussy begger.

BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

lik 4 ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Why should you ban someone who doesn't have technical knowledge?

Oh, April Fool? D'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I wonder how many mods are going to post here thinking they're in the actual mod forum and let something slip...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I'd ban them all . Worthless ingrates that they are . Tiocfaidh ár lá indeed , the day is upon us and we shall emm ..... sleep on it and make tumultuos decisions in the morning . Just like our forefathers did ! And their fathers before them !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

zxy wrote: »
    wait until he starts a thread in feedback asking to be reinstated
    +1. It's what the cats would want.

Advertisement